Username Post: hole punch in 2-ring mini albums        (Topic#1568749)
yelppuppy
Resident
yelppuppy

I want to make a 2-ring mini album. I looked up and down and nobody mentioned this little part... how do you punch 2 holes for mini albums? Do you use a regular office 2-hole punch? But I have a feeling the holes are bigger than what I see on blogs.

Or do most people use single hole punch and just measure and punch? Or is there a 2-hole punch that's specifically made for mini albums for sale?

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to yelppuppy

You could use a big bite, but I've recently been introduced to the Binderie and I WANT ONE!

Check out Ursula's blog for a great tutorial .

HTH!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to yelppuppy

I used to use my crop-a-dile and just measure out the holes. But then I got the binderie for Christmas which I now use for the majority of minis.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to MrsAnnieS

I use a heavy-duty three-ring punch on which the hole locations are adjustable.

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 01-04-12 09:41 AM
In response to aquabunny

since i don't make many mini-books i use my crop-a-dile to punch one hole at a time. it can handle punching through chipboard and that's the thickest material i've ever used.
i first make a template out of cardstock after measuring where i want the holes, then i just lay the template on each page and punch the holes where indicated. i then keep the templates in standard sizes all together and in one place, ready so that the next time i make a mini i don't have to re-measure allover again.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to MoniL

I hated the Binderie Punch...I stick with the Crop-a-dile.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-04-12 09:55 AM
In response to Here Kitty

I use my Cropadile, it will do several pieces of paper at once so it goes pretty fast.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to stick

Three ring punch here.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to prittb

Make whatever size of holes you want

yelppuppy
Resident
yelppuppy
In response to SuperAllyFan

If I want to use a hand held punch, what size is good? I have a small size punch, I think it makes 1/8" holes. Is that too small for book rings?

I'm going to make xmas cards albums, and punching holes directly on the cards. That's why I want the holes to be as small as possible.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to yelppuppy

• yelppuppy Said:
If I want to use a hand held punch, what size is good? I have a small size punch, I think it makes 1/8" holes. Is that too small for book rings?

I'm going to make xmas cards albums, and punching holes directly on the cards. That's why I want the holes to be as small as possible.

If you're just punching through paper/cardstock any punch will do. Although 1/8" might be a bit small. I usually use my 3/16" punch for standard sized binder rings.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to MrsAnnieS

Where'd you get your 3/16" hand punch? (Or did you mean the kind that you hammer in?) I'd love a hand punch in that size; I've seen one by McGill on Amazon, but nowhere else. It'd be great for eyelets.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics