Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What are you doing this weekend?        (Topic#1568827)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

HI dear dear friends! What are you doing this weekend? I am going to get my stuff ready for Tues when I meet my good friend at As to crop. I am quite excited. We go every week or 2 or 3 depending on her health & schedule but we have not gone for 2 months.
Anyone else working on stuff? Crafty? or not? I have to work a bit too.
Raquel, I promise to remember your name.. lol
I wonder if Steph is sick?

mars2005
Veteran
mars2005
In response to anda11

Hello. I am starting off my weekend with a long deserved sister day. my sister and i will have lunch, Hobby Lobby and a movie. i plan on getting Mod Podge to make some picture frames and some chipboard albums to make recipe books. so as you have guessed, that will be my saturday and sunday.

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to mars2005

Friday afternoon I'm scrapping with some friends, hope to get some scrapping/room organizing done Sat., Sat. evening a hockey game and then on Sunday afternoon my great-neice is getting baptized. More pics to scrap, lol!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mars2005

• mars2005 Said:
Hello. I am starting off my weekend with a long deserved sister day. my sister and i will have lunch, Hobby Lobby and a movie. i plan on getting Mod Podge to make some picture frames and some chipboard albums to make recipe books. so as you have guessed, that will be my saturday and sunday.

Your weekend sounds amazing! I know you & your sis will have fun. I love HL! I used to make things back in the day with that stuff. It is fun.
Are you making these for gifts?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to SandraB.

• SandraB. Said:
Friday afternoon I'm scrapping with some friends, hope to get some scrapping/room organizing done Sat., Sat. evening a hockey game and then on Sunday afternoon my great-neice is getting baptized. More pics to scrap, lol!

You have a very busy week end too Sandra. Have fun with your friends. I sure hope you do get your organization stuff done. Enjoy watching your great niece.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mars2005

• mars2005 Said:

I saw your recipe post. I made one. I have most of mine in my gallery. I replied to your thread answering some questions. Feel free to check it out

Expert
In response to anda11

Well...in my house it will be football...it is the playoffs....but I plan on starting some cards. I am very new to cards and haven't got the hang of it yet, but I am going to try.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to deedee49

• deedee49 Said:
Well...in my house it will be football...it is the playoffs....but I plan on starting some cards. I am very new to cards and haven't got the hang of it yet, but I am going to try.

Be careful because once you start making them you will be addicted! You will not want to stop making them. : ) I love making them too! Have you checked out the card gallery here? so many incredible ideas in all styles & types. Have fun!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to anda11

Hmm, let's see...

* composition books
* Alice in Wonderland layouts
* prepping last minute mail & packages
* Bible Study for Monday morning (James)

I think that's it.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to KellyCali

Picking up a new fridge and dishwasher Sat. morning. Office paperwork for our business Sat. afternoon.
Maybe I'll get some scrapping in on Sunday after church....I'm working on setting up a travel journal for our trip to New Zealand.
Alison

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Hmm, let's see...

* compostion books

Hi again Kelly! What is a compo book? Is it one that you recover & decorate the pages like a old book or journal? Maybe you mean those books that have the covers that look like books from back in the day. I think I know now. I know you will have fun doing this.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Picking up a new fridge and dishwasher Sat. morning. Office paperwork for our business Sat. afternoon.
Maybe I'll get some scrapping in on Sunday after church....I'm working on setting up a travel journal for our trip to New Zealand.
Alison

OH Alison, How exciting to be getting new fridge & dishwasher! I hope you will have time to work on your journal. That sounds like fun. I have seen some cool travel journals. I hope you post yours.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • KellyCali Said:
Hmm, let's see...

* composition books

Hi again Kelly! What is a compo book? Is it one that you recover & decorate the pages like a old book or journal? Maybe you mean those books that have the covers that look like books from back in the day. I think I know now. I know you will have fun doing this.

Yep, you got it Linda. I'm making a couple into journals (for a current swap/as well as myself/and a couple of friends = 9 total).

Usually, the book are a basic black, though I've seen them in all sorts of other colors (for a higher price). Last night while shopping, I was lucky enough to find the ones below, which already include a pretty pattern. So hopefully, decorating the fronts will be pretty easy & or minimal.

Decorative compostion books By KellyCali

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Linda, your crop sounds wonderful!

I especially miss weekend cropping & keep telling myself that I will start a group of my own.

Just need to go reserve a spot at our local community center & haven't really gotten around to it!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Linda, your crop sounds wonderful!

I especially miss weekend cropping & keep telling myself that I will start a group of my own.

Just need to go reserve a spot at our local community center & haven't really gotten around to it!

Those books look great! I bet they will be easy. You do need to call & crop. I used to crop 2 or 3 times a week. I was in a club that met at 2 different lss every week. They let us crop free. It was great fun for yrs. We had so many stores here. (maybe 15 or more) but most closed. Our finanacial picture changed for awhile so I wasn't able to crop or do much so I left. Now I am able to crop with my friend weekly or monthly depending on her health.

Maria Featon
Tenant
Maria Featon
In response to anda11

Hello newbie here!

I did some pretty hardcore scrapping last weekend and ended up with a sprained neck! Strange but true. I plan to do some more this weekend but will watch my posture and make sure I move around often.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Maria Featon

Wish I was scrapping but this weekend, we are leaving for the 3600 kilometer drive to Florida with our 3 cats (one of them is 19 years old).

It will take 3 or 4 days and it will be stressful but we are going for 2 1/2 months. We come back to Canada on the 21 st of March so leaving Florida on the 17 th of March.

Don't worry ladies, I have a pink cricut expression that is coming with me and an ATG gun but they might not get used as they are staying there for good. I have to go furniture shopping for the condo as all it has now is a couch set, a bed and table. It needs everything including to be painted. It needs everything else. It's going to be crazy but I can't wait.

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 01-06-12 06:41 AM
In response to anda11

Decopauging some awesome newspaper articles from last week's Giants game. I did one of them but have three more to do. Also hoping to finish My dd's 1st Love lo. I have until Sunday at 1:00 when the Giants play their first, but hopefully not last post season game of 2011

Barbara

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Lunie

Linda - I always look forward to your weekend posts.

I have the last of the holiday parties tonight and a birthday party tomorrow night. In between, I need to take my tree down and clean my house. I also need to find time to finish my swap items - three more groups to do and they have to be mailed out early next week.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Lunie

No scrapping on Saturday - I have my 7 year old DGS for the day! Not sure about Sunday - could possibly get a little scrapping in.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics