Username Post: nesties? how do these work        (Topic#1568937)
laura.ohio
Resident
laura.ohio

could some1 explain this concept to me, maybe showing some done?

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to laura.ohio

They are dies (like Sizzix) and are wonderful and soooooo addicting! You need a die cut machine to use them. I'd start by doing either a search in here or google them to see what you can create with them.

I have some cards in my gallery that I used nesties on...but my iPad won't let me copy and paste the image

Tenant
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Love Nesties - and they are like potato chips - you can't stop at one. Like the reply above I would check them out in the galleries. I would also check out YouTube of course. They will have comparisons on the different die cutting machines used with them.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to nswilliams

I wouldn't really say that, I have the one set I want and though I've looked at the others I think I'll have no problem stopping with just the one set.

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.

I agree, they are wonderful. You can either cut or emboss with them. If you have a Big Shot you can use it for both, you just need certain pads...one for cutting and one for embossing. I agree with the other gals, check out YouTube for more info.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel

• nswilliams Said:
Love Nesties - and they are like potato chips - you can't stop at one. Like the reply above I would check them out in the galleries. I would also check out YouTube of course. They will have comparisons on the different die cutting machines used with them.

I wholeheartedly agree. I don't do layouts as much as cards, and I love nesties for cards. Check out CommaHolly's gallery for inspiration - her work is amazing!

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
I wouldn't really say that, I have the one set I want and though I've looked at the others I think I'll have no problem stopping with just the one set.

I also just have one set and have not even used those.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to prittb

Also, I cannot get the embossing to work well with my set (Sprightly Sprockets). I have a BigKick/Big Shot and followed the instructions on the packaging as closely as possible. Any recommendations how to get better embossing from them with the Big Shot?

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to prittb

Ooooooooo-that star circle one is niiiiiceeeee

Runs off to add that to her "must have" list

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Also, I cannot get the embossing to work well with my set (Sprightly Sprockets). I have a BigKick/Big Shot and followed the instructions on the packaging as closely as possible. Any recommendations how to get better embossing from them with the Big Shot?

I have a Big Shot too. I add 1 or 2 thin pieces of chipboard (cut up cereal boxes) to the plates when I'm embossing with my Big Kick. Works great. But be careful...you may want to buy more Nesties after that =)

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Here's a video that shows some.

http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/471.html

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Bxr-Linda

Must have....

Spellbinders - Shapeabilities Collection - Christmas - Die Cutting and Embossing Templates - Create-a-Flake Three

Ain't those prettyyyy??

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics