Username Post: HELP needed December Daily        (Topic#1569119)
reneeann
Veteran
reneeann

I started a Dec. Daily for 2011 and it is coming along. I have however decided that I need a better plan. Many start ahead and just leave space for journaling and a photo? How do you know how much space to leave? Some of my pages in this journal took up more pages than just one. Do you put a number day on each page? I journaled for nearly every day but do not have pictures for everyday. I thought in my mind that I would just use the Christmas papers I had from the past and stuff out of my stash, but I am finding it hard to keep it all matchy. So do you buy a kit? From the pictures of the DD that I have looked at most of them are pretty awesome. Any help on how to oraganize/plan for next years would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

angel401
Diva
angel401
In response to reneeann

I've been doing Dec Daily for a few years and am pretty happy with how my books are turning out. I make my book before Dec. and decide some days will be 1 page and other will be 2, and then just work with what I have. It's not always easy that way, but I find that in the end it always works out. Some days I just journal, some days it's all photo's, some days its both. I also create some hidden journaling if I haven't left enough room, and since you're making your own book, you can always add pages, or take some out! I usually will just use old papers that I have, but this year I did buy the collection "Jovial" from Basic Grey and used all those papers for cohesiveness. It may help to look at Ali Edwards' blog for how-to's and ideas, and if you want you could also look at my blog as I've just finished posting all of my layouts for last years album! My blog is angelavranish.blogspot.com. Hope this helps and don't give up because it is incredible to look back on all this later!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to angel401

I make my albums in advance, mainly just the cover and than cover the pages with pp. I might add a few embellishments here and there but I mainly wait until January to start really embellishing. I generally do one page for each day, but I do a two page spread for Christmas Eve and Christmas day. If for some reason I find I have tons of journaling and/or photos I find a way to get them all in, make a bunch of tags with photos/journaling and stick them in a pocket, or make flaps.

I have all my Christmas themed supplies in a box and I just pull that out and use whatever pps are on hand. I always buy new pps each year-just can't resist-so I have plenty on hand from year to year to make the pages

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to MrsAnnieS

I did mine before hand in Teresa Collins Christmas Home in a Fancy Pants brag book. I also had 2 pages for each day, plus extra photo pockets for any receipts, cards, etc. I don't journal so I'm not a help there but if I did I would do the same as above. Tags, pockets, and flaps.

Expert
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

I made mine (first one ever) as I went along. I didn't do it every day, but I never let myself get more than 3-5 days behind (and that was mostly because I came down with Strep throat...). But for your question about not knowing how many pages/photos for each day, I took the Fancy Pants Brag Book I was using apart and will re-bind it when I'm done with my Bind-it-All. I kind of had no choice because the coils that came with the book got smashed somehow and the pages did not turn well. Now I can add back in the photo pages, pocket pages, and journal pages as I need.

reneeann
Veteran
reneeann
In response to HuskerMom98

Well, still working on my Dec. daily for 2011.
next year whatever I use it will be so I can move the pages easily. I will also make up my titles ahead, this time I have been stamping them all as I go using the same ink color for titles on all pages. I am hoping to get more scrappng time in tom. I am over halfway done.I did do a couple pages where things are slid in. I did not do any poket pages per say. I did use some tags. This has been a learning experience for me.it has turned out to be quite a bit more than I originally thought. LOL

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics