Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: Done with Ms        (Topic#1570697)
Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

I was in Ms today, to use my 50% coupon, I was going to get the Smash book but decided to wait til March when the new ones come out. On one of end caps they had neon shirts, marked 2 for $6 well after I got to the checkout they rang up $7.99 I said they are marked and they said it excludes neon shirts. I said the end cap is marked and the only thing on the end cap is neon shirts. She looked at me like I was crazy. I walked out without half my stuff I was so mad!

I e-mailed them and will be calling in a day or so if I have not received and e-mail response. I will not be shopping at Ms for a while atleast! And that was my favorite store! UGH!!!!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Scrap Princess72010

I have been done with M's for a while now ... their service is so horrible that's it's just not worth the aggravation

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

LoL, Princess- sorry, I hate to laugh- but I couldn't help it- you're done with M's in the subject line, but by the end of your note, it's down to 'awhile, at least.'. Hahahaha you know you'll be in there by Sunday!

;-)

Kory
(yeah, you can hit me)

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to designguyKORY

not me Kory ... I have taken my scrappy dollars elsewhere and have written M's a lovely letter explaining why they have fired me as a customer

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Oh, I was so busy being smart that I forgot to ask- which new Smash book are you waiting on?

Didja see the new Smash tape, called Swatch, that comes out next month? I'm freakin out about it!

Kory

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Don't give up Michaels over the actions of one employee who didn't know what they were doing. Next time demand to see a manager! They will almost always make it right at Michaels.

I had an awesome coupon at Michaels and bought several hundred dollars worth of stuff.. the day before the sale.

They told me to come back the next day with my receipt and explain what happened. They took care of it!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

I have had similar thing happen and I just calmly asked for the manager and showed her the in-store price sign. I got that price and the employee at the cash register was educated to change the price until they could correct their error in the computer.

Hope they contact you; that would be good customer service.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Sunnydi

I must be lucky because for the most part at the Ms near me, the service is really good. I think a lot has to do with the store manager. I'm not always happy with their inventory but it's the store that is close to me so they will continue to get some of my biz, baring a major snaffoo.

All the other choices, HL, J's and A's are all farther....and you can drive yourself to death around Atlanta.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to CrimsonMama

my issue with M's is about what happened when I called Customer service ... their basic response was "sorry ... nothing we can do" even after I told them they were losing a customer

I guess since I work for a retail company that prides itself on customer service and on fixing the problem (if there is one), I hold the stores where I shop to a certain standard ... and M's just doesn't meet that standard for me

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to madmatter

I have an M's, HL and Archivers near me in KY and I NEVER go to M's. they're selection is weak and their prices are ick so I wouldn't shop there without a coupon. Customer service is lack luster to say at least.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Just G

I get upset with our Michael's all the time. Customer Service is lacking everywhere. Coupons: ya gotta check the day, exclusions, only good on second Tues of next month...grrr! We no longer have a local scrapbook store so my choices are Michael's, Hobby Lobby and Jo ann's. I want NEW products.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-15-12 07:05 PM
In response to scrappin 2

The employees at my M's are mostly quite nice, they're just clueless, and for most of them it's obviously just a job, they don't understand the products nor do they really want to. And considering the salary they're probably getting I don't blame them one bit, nor do I expect any more, because they are at least nice and they do at least try to be helpful. They just have no idea what they're selling, lol.

A 40% off one item coupon doesn't make a huge difference, and for what I mostly buy there it doesn't even make up for the gas to get there.

So - I give my hard-earned money to companies that do deserve it. Thanks sb.com!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to stick

I haven't spent money at Ms since the brouhaha over them opening on Thanksgiving and I don't miss it. I went inside a couple of weeks ago and left without seeing a single thing that wanted to come home with me.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to moxiegirl23

I prefer Js if I am going to a big box craft store, the customer service has always been pretty decent at my Ms, but it feels so dirty. I would love a closer HL though!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to MrsAnnieS

Goodness knows it has been a while since I have bought any scrapbook related supplies. However, I had to go in there to buy some kid craft stuff for the kids I volunteer with not too long ago.

I could hear the staff members talking to each other over their headsets. Basically they were warning each other of customers they suspected would come back in to use a second coupon. Really? They care that much about a second coupon being used that they are going to radio each other and give the details of what the person they just rung up looks like?

Just seemed so pathetic to me...

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to riorabbit

I love my M's and have never had any sort of problem there.

If you're unhappy . . . write letters, emails, call corporate, etc. If that doesn't resolve your issues then simply don't shop there. Otherwise you are rewarding them for treating you like garbage.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
I love my M's and have never had any sort of problem there.

If you're unhappy . . . write letters, emails, call corporate, etc. If that doesn't resolve your issues then simply don't shop there. Otherwise you are rewarding them for treating you like garbage.

that's exactly what I did Melissa .. I complained, called corporate, wrote a letter and voted with my feet and my wallet

I am also happy to spread around what type of company I believe they are

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to madmatter

And that's why I you, Mad!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to kelseymel

right back at you

KVRLVN
KVRLVN 
Mayor
KVRLVN
In response to madmatter

I have never had a problem with my M's. We have 2 stores 30 mintues apart. I do agree they have employess that don't know about the products and could care less, but they have always been nice and helpful when needed. We only have M's and HL, so I go between them and a few on-line companies to get everything I wanting.

BTW, my M's must be the only stores they have that don't carry any SMASH books or materials. I've asked people that work there and they have no clue what a SMASH book even is. I want to see them up close before I would consider buying one.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics