Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: You know what LO I am sick of doing?        (Topic#1572851)
Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli

I am sick of ones based on what my new thing my 18 month old son has dumped all over the floor! Aggg! I have 4 sketches ready to do LOs of dumped out crackers, bird seed, cheerios and chex... and now I get to scrap oatmeal! Twice!

Me being the "fun" mom, decided that after he dumped it out, I would let him play with it (dumping from one bowl to another) while I painted our dinning room. What i did not consider was he was near the dog water bowl. Now i have more pictures of a wet oatmeal mess. Then while in the nursery, after cleaning him up, I leave the room to take the soaked clothes into the bathroom and he decides to take all of their clothes out of the hamper and stuff them in his brother's dresser and throw all the clean clothes all over the floor.

Now that I got them to bed I am going to edit the photos and go to bed early, I have expended way too much energy cleaning up everything today!

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to Rushli

Oooooo, I don't miss those days! In a one-week time span my ds (at the age of three) took scissors to the cushions, back and arms of one of our sofas, took all my self-adhesive postage stamps and placed them in strategic locations around the house and took a black sharpie to our virtually new berber carpet!!! We were in the middle of a relocation, which is why he had access to scissors and sharpies, one of the packers for our move had left them laying about. I'm so sorry you're going through this, I can commiserate with you. Make it all into one fun LO and call it something like 'Mr. Mischief' . Normally I say 'keep a smile :)' For you... 'Try to keep a smile :)' M.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Momto3infinity

Oh, my goodness!!! I don't even know what to say, except that you'll have good stories to tease him with when he's older, and photographic evidence to show you aren't making it up!

I don't have any kids, but my brother was house-sitting for my mom back when his boys were 5 and 3. I was staying with mom at the time, following a separation from my first husband. Anyway, the kids somehow got ahold of black permanent marker and colored up my couch, the carpet, and the walls while my brother was talking to a serviceman. We managed to get it out of the carpet and couch, but it remains on the walls to this day. The boys are 17 and 15 now. The walls are paneling (yuck!) and my mom plans to take it down one of these days.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to siameseplease

Could you do one layout or a 2-pager of all the things he's dumped out?

My aunt had a 2 years old and walked out with her to the clothes line to get clothes. THe child turned back into the house and slammed the door, locking it. ANd locking her mother outside.

THen while my aunt tried doors and windows and beat on the doors and windows, my cousing dupmed everything in the cabinets on the floor (everything she could reach), dumped cooking oil, pulled out all the pots and pans into the mess.

By the time the fire department came to let her in the house there was not one thing in a lower cabinet and nothing was in the boxes!

She was not a scrapbooker - no pictures.

Same child - even worse! My aunt and uncle smelled something burning one night when she was about 3. THey went into the new baby's room and the "problem child" had taken a blanket and stuffed it into the space heater and started a fire in his room. She had seen wood and papers put in the fireplace to make the fire bigger. This was all she could find to make that fire bigger.

She's in her 40's now. Still a problem child.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to Henri Jean

Lol, thanks for sharing your stories! He does drive me crazy, but all in all it could be worse... He could have gotten into the paint! (or start fires, or playing with sharpies)I am happy to have pictures (stopping to take pictures does seem to distswage most anger in a situation.) when I was younger my mom took a pic of my sister with flour all over her and the floor. We LOVE to tease her about it to this day!

I do think I will scrap my sketches and do a 2 page LO... And I had better do it soon before I have anything else to add! Oh, and I like the title mr. Mischief! TFS!

What really scares me is that his brother is only 5 months old today and is trying to chase after him already (screams when he can not quite get the crawling thing going to go after him) being less than 14 months apart they are going to be TROUBLE! and to think we are talking about a third!

I really should go to bed, but I am too tired to sleep ;P

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Rushli

do one LO with 4 pics and entitle it,,,,,,,

ETCETERA.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 03-26-12 09:52 AM
In response to CommaHolly

I see it laid out as Steps to Make your Mom Crazy...and take your first post in this thread as the descriptions for the picture of each step.

At some point every mom has been there...and made it to the "now I can laugh' stage as much as we didn't think we would.

Glad you shared and hope you catch a break with Mr. Mischief soon.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to GMFTS

lol!!!I am so glad its grandkids now i can send them home good luck!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Sneezy1956

Grandchildren are THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Amen Holly this way we get to send them home

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Sneezy1956

Amen Halelieujah, sing it girly!

Sonsie
Sonsie 
Pro
Sonsie

I feel your pain. My son was so good and to this day never makes messes. My daughter who is 15 months younger is an unholy terror even though she is now 5! Unlike you I'm usually too ticked off to take photos. Just a few months back she got a step stool into the pantry and dumped all my cookie sprinkles onto the carpet in her room. Last week I found a chocolate pudding container hidden in her closet, dumped and spread into the carpet! I'm ready to strangle her. When she was younger the baby powder, liquid hand soap, and toothpaste were always a target. One of her walls is still totally covered with her crayon art. She colored in the tile grout under the kitchen table, and added her special touch to the white stone fireplace. She is a wild child...

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Sonsie

25 years later, I still recall one tub of vaseline on the crib, the walls, THE CHILD, in her HAIR (and she was LOADED with hair),,,,,,,,,

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli

Hmm, lots of good LO ideas, I am going to have to play with it some.

sonsie - to clarify, pudding container like a pudding cup (wet and messy) or like a dry mix to make the pudding?
If we are still having problems at age 5 I might not be taking pics, it may just encourage the behavior! Oh, man, I do not even want to think about what he is going to be like at 5! at least right now it is "cute"

Holly - the thought of cleaning up Vaseline everywhere gives me a headache. I have a hard enough time cleaning up my hands, let alone a whole kid and a room.

Sonsie
Sonsie 
Pro
Sonsie
In response to Rushli

• Rushli Said:
Hmm, lots of good LO ideas, I am going to have to play with it some.

sonsie - to clarify, pudding container like a pudding cup (wet and messy) or like a dry mix to make the pudding?
If we are still having problems at age 5 I might not be taking pics, it may just encourage the behavior! Oh, man, I do not even want to think about what he is going to be like at 5! at least right now it is "cute"

Holly - the thought of cleaning up Vaseline everywhere gives me a headache. I have a hard enough time cleaning up my hands, let alone a whole kid and a room.

The wet and messy stuff. It was mostly dried into the carpet by the time I found it. A disgusting crusty mess. I've only touched the surface of her antics. She cries big crocodile tears then she is off again looking for something else to mess with. Recently I found the ketchup bottle in the dirty clothes hamper, a new package of deli ham hidden under the sofa table in the living room, and the salt shaker dumped all over the kitchen counter. It never ends...nothing is ever where its supposed to be. If she wasn't so cute and loving I'd sell her!!!

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to Sonsie

• Sonsie Said:
It never ends...nothing is ever where its supposed to be. If she wasn't so cute and loving I'd sell her!!!

I understand about nothing being where it is suppose to be... though nothing out of the fridge yet (but a few months back we did find a paci in the fridge after listening for 20 minutes of screaming from a tired kid while a frantic mom looked everywhere for 1 of the 7 hidden around the house.)

Edited by Rushli on 03-26-12 07:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Rushli

I opened the fridge one day and there was one of our cats sitting on the shelf. My daughter said she thought kitty wanted some milk so I guess she figured he should be happy with a whole bottle of cold milk. I'm not sure who was the most startled...the cat or me. With 4 kids the refrigerator was never closed for long, so the cat was fine. (Disclaimer: No animals were harmed in the raising of my children, but luckily the cat had nine lives. )

Now I'm a happy member of the Grandma Club. Things are a lot funnier with the passing of time~

Sonsie
Sonsie 
Pro
Sonsie
In response to Rushli

• Rushli Said:
  • Sonsie Said:
It never ends...nothing is ever where its supposed to be. If she wasn't so cute and loving I'd sell her!!!

I understand about nothing being where it is suppose to be... though nothing out of the fridge yet (but a few months back we did find a paci in the fridge after listening for 20 minutes of screaming from a tired kid while a frantic mom looked everywhere for 1 of the 7 hidden around the house.)

I had a bowl full of them on the counter for my son, it was amazing how fast they disappeared. My daughter was a finger sucker so at least we were spared the endless searching. Now at 5 though I wish I had a darn pacifier to throw away! Breaking them from fingers is hard.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to Sonsie

Grandmas have it good. FOr some reason DS never dumps things out there and they are even less "baby proofed" than we are.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Rushli

Gotta love kids. The only things I remember from my ds and dd's early childhood years...

My ds was 3. We were all sitting outside on our neighbor's driveway while all the kids were playing in the street. (We lived on a cul de sac, where noone knew that it existed). All of a sudden, my ds comes up the driveway limping and trying to hold his big toe, screaming "oh s**t, oh S**t". It was pretty funny.

My dd, age 2, decided she didn't like the color of our dinner plates. So she went to the bathroom and took my lipstick and colored all of the dinner plates. Since, I had different colored lipstick, our plates were different shades of brown, red and pink. Try cleaning those up, not fun.

Here's another... My kids know that I am very ticklish on my feet. My ds, age 5, at this point, decided to wake me up one morning by tickling my feet. Well, my reflex was so good, that I kicked him in the face and broke his nose.

My kids are pretty good. These are just some of the events. I am lucky they never spilled oil all over or caused a fire. Thank God for that. Youn gotta love kids.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics