Username Post: Configurations ideas?        (Topic#1573175)
TFCasper
Veteran
TFCasper

Yesterday I went to my favorite closeout/discount store and they had three small Tim Holtz Configurations boxes. (5.5 x 5.5) A few weeks ago they had a bunch of Tim Holtz come in and I bought some paper and embellishments, but left the boxes because I didn't think I had a use for them. Stupid, I know. What was I thinking! They had the large sizes and small.

So, I didn't get the small boxes yesterday because I still didn't think I had a use for them. As I was sitting here looking at my very cluttered living room, I decided that I need to make a picture collage wall in my hallway to get some of the family pictures off of the sofa table and shelves. Fine. Then I could also get some of these trinkets off of the entertainment center too. Great. But where to put them? Why not A TIM HOLTZ CONFIGURATIONS BOX TO DISPLAY THEM ON MY NEW PICTURE WALL!!! I felt like a genius!

So I told DH about them, still thinking it might not work, and he almost MADE me go out and get the ones I saw at the discount store. I couldn't believe it. So great to be married to an enabler!!

Anyhoo, I went out and all three boxes were still there and I got them all. I got them back home and found that the items I wanted to display do fit, but not really so perfectly, so now I am thinking I should go get a larger configurations box and put them all in with plenty of space to decorate around them. I think it would be better. The question then becomes, what do I do with my three little boxes?

So I pose the question to all of you creative people. What should I do with the three small boxes I have? Decorate them in three different colorways and add them to my wall? Decorate them as gifts for friends? What would you use to decorate them? Thanks for your advice.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to TFCasper

hahahaha, I bought three TH Configurations boxes at Tuesday Morning, today, too!! I don't know why I thought I needed three of them, but for 3.49, I couldn't say no!

-k

TFCasper
Veteran
TFCasper
In response to designguyKORY

I know! What made me not buy sooner. Duh

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to TFCasper

I wish I had a Tuesday morning

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Sneezy1956

My store was out of the small ones! But I did get a large one for 4.99-they had two, wishing I had gotten the other one now!

But I'd say tuck them away and wait for inspiration to hit-just because you have them doesn't mean you have to do anything with them now. But if you're itching to play (dont say I blame you!) you could use one as a practice box and play around with different techniques. I think that's what I'd do. And when it turns out fabulous I'd either use it somewhere in the house as decoration, or hold on to it and give it as a gift when the right person comes along.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to designguyKORY

• designguyKORY Said:
hahahaha, I bought three TH Configurations boxes at Tuesday Morning, today, too!! I don't know why I thought I needed three of them, but for 3.49, I couldn't say no!

-k

Haha, my Tuesday Morning had them today too!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics