Username Post: How do you make paper rosettes without sever burns from glue gun?        (Topic#1573237)
Bgreuter
Tenant
Bgreuter

I know how to make the rosettes using the Martha Stewart Scoreboard, but how do you put the "top" on your? With glue gun? Owee because I am trying to hold it together with one hand, glue gun with the other, very awkward. Any ideas?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Bgreuter

I just push it down flat, hold it down and try to keep from overfilling the center so that it doesn't overflow and get on my fingers- but after using a glue gun so much, my fingers are almost immune to glue gun heat.

Once I fill the center, and tap the top/center down- it can get hot, tho... Sometimes I sit a bottle of glue on top to hold it down flat til it dries- I have put on one of those rubber finger covers- to use if you're shuffling thru lots of papers- what are they called? Grips? That can help you not feel the heat of the glue.

-kory

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Bgreuter

never heard of them. Is there a tutorial or picture?

the only homemade roses I've made are with mini glue dots because it is hard to wait for the layers to dry

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Just G

I use the TH rosette die....and I glue the two ends together first with Scotch quick dry adhesive, then I glue a top on using the same adhesive and sit something a little bit heavy on top til it dries.....
Never used a glue gun...knowing me, I'd burn the whole house down!
Alison

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to Just G

I use a piece of tin foil, create a dime-sized area about 1/4" (thick/tall) of hot glue and surround it with my rosette. Then I 'squeeze' the rosette into the centre of the glue. **Hope that makes sense** My fingers don't get burned that way. When, it has cooled, I tear away any additional tin foil from the hot glue and adhere the whole thing to a 'Gluber'.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Momto3infinity

I use Glossy Accents or Scotch Quick Dry on the ends and secure that with a binder clip.

Once that dries I glue the whole thing to a circle of scrap paper using GA. Put a heavy book on it until it dries.

I hate hot glue, those strings drive me crazy.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to designguyKORY

• designguyKORY Said:
I just push it down flat, hold it down and try to keep from overfilling the center so that it doesn't overflow and get on my fingers- but after using a glue gun so much, my fingers are almost immune to glue gun heat.

Once I fill the center, and tap the top/center down- it can get hot, tho... Sometimes I sit a bottle of glue on top to hold it down flat til it dries- I have put on one of those rubber finger covers- to use if you're shuffling thru lots of papers- what are they called? Grips? That can help you not feel the heat of the glue.

-kory

Hee hee....I call them "Thumb Condoms"....

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to ScrappyMama6

If you have a non-stick craft sheet, after you adhere your ends together and that dries, form your rosette and put a blob of hot glue on the mat. Stick your formed rosette on the glue and press down-I usually use something to hold it down until the glue dries, like a bottle of paint/glue. Once it is cool just peel your rosette off the mat! Works wonders with limited burns

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to MrsAnnieS

I use the TH method also. I think he uses the glob of glue on the craft mat. Works great!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to SandraB.

I switched to a "lo-temp" glue gun and it's much better re finger burns.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics