Username Post: Jo-Anns Haul        (Topic#1573419)
LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC

Well, I couldn't pass up the 40% off all papercrafting supplies AND a 20% coupon for all reg/sale/clearance merchandise -- AND 2 40% off coupons.

I bought:

- two packages of Prism craft thread (for buttons, banners, etc.) Each package has a LOAD of colors.

- package of manila tags

- a bunch of alphas, stickers, tags etc. from the Studio 112 dollar baskets

- two boxes of Zots (that's where my 40% off coupons went)

- Fiskars "That's Amore" punch

- Distressed Ink -- peeled paint (I had intended to buy broken china as well, but forgot to put it int the counter -- took that as a sign to stop shopping!)

- *6* Spellbinders and Sizzix dies (my Sizzix just arrived the other day)

classic bird flourishes
classic peta edgeabilities
snow rose
classic floral flourishes
tea blossom tags and accents
sizzix branch with leaves

With the sales, coupons and tax -- $98.32. I saved $86.62.

If you see me in a craft store in the next two weeks, and I'm NOT buying meringue powder for cookies? Have me arrested, please, and thank you.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by LesleyC on 04-05-12 10:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Expert
In response to LesleyC

Congrats on all your goodies!! I bet you can't wait to play!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to scrappy_day

I have to ask...
does your store allow multiple coupons, or did you do separate transactions?

The coupons say: "one coupon per customer. Not to be combined with any other discount or coupon."

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to Bxr-Linda

J's does allow multiple coupons as long as they are different.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Bxr-Linda

Maybe the paper crafting was a store sale at 40% off. The box stores around here do that a lot and I love it!

Right now Hobby Lobby is 40% off on all Studio Design which is their brand. I bought 3 of the 3D scrapbooks and 6 packages of protectors.

Mine won't take coupons on sale merchandise, darn it. How lucky that your Joann's will - sure wish mine did!

Rules at the box stores really differ. I want a more lenient one with better rules!

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to Mia1979

• Mia1979 Said:
J's does allow multiple coupons as long as they are different.

^Yes.

Here's a good explanation:

http://beadandelion2.blogspot.com/2011/03/jo-ann-fabric ...

Of all the big-box craft stores, J's has the most generous and flexible coupon policy. You just have to pay attention to the barcodes on the coupons.

At minimum, I go in with four: one from the Sunday paper, one from a circular, one from my phone and one from Michael's. Totally legal.

ETA: If you get their mailers, make sure you bring in the piece with your address on it every once in awhile, so they can scan it. The 20% off was something different -- it was a postcard mailer I got the other day, and it specifically said it can be combined with sale, clearance and regular priced merchandise (but excluded Cricut, etc.).

You can't combine a single item 40% off coupon with a sale, but you can combine an "entire purchase" with a sale, but anything that you've used a 40% coupon on is excluded from the "entire purchase".

Clear as mud?

Edited by LesleyC on 04-05-12 11:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappyjae
Tenant
scrappyjae
In response to LesleyC

Great haul. I have a 20% of entire purchase sitting in my purse just waiting to be used. Most of the Spellbinders you purchased I have not seen in any of the stores around me. They kinda suck when it comes to die cuts. I do have an order on Amazon for the amazing Snowflake 2010 Spellbinder and the flourishes, just waiting for them to show up.

Let me know how your Spellbinders work out. I used one last night and it was pretty intricate and stuck to the die. Ripped it all to...well you know....trying to get it out. Website stated to use wax paper on those. I am all out of that. Off to the store to get some this evening and hopefully will have better results next time.

veejer
veejer 
Resident
veejer
In response to scrappyjae

I follow Jo-anns on Twitter and today they tweeted a link for their website for 3 different coupons. There's the 20% off sale and regular merchandise (in-store only), 50% off one regular priced item (in-store and online) and free shipping (online only of course). I can't wait to use them this weekend.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to veejer

Awesome haul.....u did good. The j's by my moms allows several coupons as long as they are different.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to LesleyC

Thats an awesome haul!

I picked up 3 MS punches today at a local craft store (Pat Catan's - same people that own Darice)

I got the Floral Vine deep edge punch, the doily lace edge punch and monarch butterfly trim double edge punch

the doily was only $5.00 and the floral vine and monarch I got for only $19.77! (it was buy one get one!

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010
In response to Ohio4HMom

• Ohio4HMom Said:
Thats an awesome haul!

I picked up 3 MS punches today at a local craft store (Pat Catan's - same people that own Darice)

I got the Floral Vine deep edge punch, the doily lace edge punch and monarch butterfly trim double edge punch

the doily was only $5.00 and the floral vine and monarch I got for only $19.77! (it was buy one get one!

Looks like I will be making a trip to PC this weekend!

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to Scrap Princess72010

Joann's will honor up to 8 coupons from their own store, Ms, ACMs and HL. This is something I have done in multiple JA stores in various cities.

i also took advantage of their awesome sales. i bought a paper stack, some open paper, a cartridge and a lot of the Americana decor for my bathroom. i love seeing the savings being the same or higher that what i spent.

Mishay36
Pro
Mishay36
In response to Lamoo12

Nice haul...I love Joanns...they are remodeling ours right now and I cant wait to see how it turns out.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Mishay36

Awesome trip!

Love those spellbinders...me thinks I has to stop at J's on the way home from work

Inloveforlife
Veteran
Inloveforlife
In response to DittoBabyGirl

I went to joanns to look for the large swiss cheese punch by ek success or at least thats what I think it is called. I didn't find it so I didnt get anything but I love the goodies you got. I really like those dies alot ... hmmm now I am going to have to but a couple of them on my wishlist.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Inloveforlife

Nice haul! Glad you could have such a great trip!

Only thing I want right now is TH's new envelope die it's a string envelop!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics