Username Post: My Tim Holtz inkpads...        (Topic#1573475)
SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.

and re-inkers set is now complete. I ordered the inkpads and re-inkers that I was missing to complete my set. Now I have all of the colors along with the re-inkers. Next will be the markers and possibly more embossing powders, stains and crackle paint. Oh, and more die-cuts, etc., etc. The list just goes on and on and on!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to SandraB.

CLASSY LADY!!!

You are ahead of me.

And that makes my jealous side kick IN!

lol

-k

timon
timon 
Veteran
timon
  • timon on 04-06-12 06:37 PM
In response to designguyKORY

wow! it'll be awhile before my collection is complete. i did stock up on as much as i could when my lss went out of business. actually...come to think of it...i don't think my collection will ever be complete, there will always be a need, want, gotta have!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to SandraB.

Now that is some great choices right there!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to CrimsonMama

The metallic brass paint and the new pocket envelope die are on my wish list too!
Congratulations on having the whole set of inks....I'm not even close.
Alison

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to SandraB.

• SandraB. Said:
and re-inkers set is now complete. I ordered the inkpads and re-inkers that I was missing to complete my set. Now I have all of the colors along with the re-inkers. Next will be the markers and possibly more embossing powders, stains and crackle paint. Oh, and more die-cuts, etc., etc. The list just goes on and on and on!

I really want the envelope die

AniPie
AniPie 
Tenant
AniPie
In response to Sneezy1956

Happy for you! I am sooo enjoying his products! My friend who I am about to start on a scrapbook for just hooked me up with a bunch of stuff from my wish list.

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to AniPie

Congratulations Sandra. Enjoy it. I just started with the distress ink, so I am way behind!

Els

Mishay36
Pro
Mishay36
In response to elsje2

I love all of Tim Holtz things....He is fab!

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to Mishay36

I agree Kymmi. I'm about 1/2 way through his online classes that he just had. I have a few more days off, so hope to get most of them done.

scrapsweet
Veteran
scrapsweet
In response to SandraB.

I am working on collecting the inks myself too! I only have 7 or 8 so I have a way to go.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to scrapsweet

I feel like an idiot....
I have had and used vintage photo for a long time. Love it enough to start collecting. I pulled out the walnut one the other day, but I have had 6 others sitting in a tub waiting to be used. I never seemed to be working on a project that the colors seem to match. Today I finished inking a page with the browns and added the black (used 3 out of 8 now!) and thought I would play with colors with the scraps.

The paper is a citrus green, with slight medium green flourishes. I rubbed the forest moss on it thinking it would be ugly, but it looked great! Next I tried the crushed olive, thinking for sure olive and citrus colors would clash, but no, it looks great again!

These ink just keep amazing me! I can not imagine how much I am going to like the markers...

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Rushli

I don't have any of the re-inkers ... how long does an inkpad usually last before you need them?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to madmatter

don't worry. He'll come out with more colors for you to buy.

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to CommaHolly

The inkpads last quite awhile before you need to re-ink them, depending on how much you use them of course.
Oh, I'm sure he will come out with more colors...probably another seasonal set.
Rushli: I don't think there is ever a bad color combination with his inks. They are amazing.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to SandraB.

I made some tags for a swap and I mixed broken china, tattered rose, seedless preserves, and ripe persimmon ... then toned it down with vintage photo and black soot

sounds like a mess, but they came out very cool

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to madmatter

any pics mad?

I also now understand the desire for the carousel and multiple applier deals (what are they called?) switching the pad for every color gets messy.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Rushli

The reinkers can be used for more than just reinking the pads. You can use them to paint with, to make sprays and mists with (shimmery or not!) AND check his blog for a fun custom colored stamp pad also using the reinkers!

Too much fun!!

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to Rushli

• Rushli Said:
any pics mad?

I also now understand the desire for the carousel and multiple applier deals (what are they called?) switching the pad for every color gets messy.

Inkssentials Applicators I have 6 and each time I get a new one I designate it for the color I use the most after the ones I already have. I don't have space for the carousel and where I have them stored now could maybe take one more, after that I'll have to find a new place! I use them on every project, I swear LOL! They've gotta be super easily accessible.

I'm not even close to having all the colors. Let me count...15. Eep!

Also you don't have to use the foam applicators, for a long time I used an artist's sponge cut into four wedges. Super cheap and effective for doing edges. I use them for the colors I don't have applicators for. But eventually they get covered in ink so that when you use it you end up with SUPER inky fingers. When you use Black Soot and Vintage Photo as much as I do, that's a lot of cleaning your hands!

Super congrats to the OP for completing your set, that is beyond awesome! And I agree with Kory, super jealous, too!

Veteran
In response to SandraB.

Wow, congratulations!!! I'm green with envy

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics