Username Post: Spray adhesive?! Heeeelp!!!        (Topic#1573675)
New Kid On the Block

So I'm trying to make a calendar and I used spray adhesive to stick my stuff on. This was ten hours ago, and the pages are still really really tacky. Will they eventually dry? Or are they going to stay like that?

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Starcheran

I'm not sure I quite understand, did you spray the page with the adhesive, thinking it would dry, and placed items on the sprayed page?

New Kid On the Block
In response to NMlady

Yes. Was that wrong?

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

Spray adhesive should be sprayed to the back of each item you want to attach. Sorry to say but that page will stay tacky.

New Kid On the Block
In response to NMlady

Oh my goodness. I'm trying to make calendars for mothers day and I was intending to make 5 of them. Each month was on a page with paint chips cut into square that signify each day. So I sprayed the page and then stuck on each square (which tooke me HOURS to cut since I need over a thousand) All that work... There's really nothing I can do?!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

So you didnt spray the adhesive on the chips themselves? If you didnt, is it sticky between the chips? That prob wont go away. What you could do is laminate the pages.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to ScrappyMama6

• ScrappyMama6 Said:
So you didnt spray the adhesive on the chips themselves? If you didnt, is it sticky between the chips? That prob wont go away. What you could do is laminate the pages.

She's right- it's going to stay sticky. Cheaper than laminating (though that is a good idea) is to sprinkle baby powder on the entire thing. It will stick to the sticky areas and unstickify them, but brushes/blows off the rest.

Cindy

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to cindy312

• cindy312 Said:
  • ScrappyMama6 Said:

She's right- it's going to stay sticky. Cheaper than laminating (though that is a good idea) is to sprinkle baby powder on the entire thing. It will stick to the sticky areas and unstickify them, but brushes/blows off the rest.

Cindy

That's freakin brilliant! And cheaper!

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to cindy312

"unstickify"
Cindy

3MiniSchnauzers
Idol
3MiniSchnauzers
In response to cindy312

• cindy312 Said:
  • ScrappyMama6 Said:

Cindy

Corn starch works great also!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Fargomutt

• Fargomutt Said:

"unstickify"
Cindy

Completely a real word! Just like:

De-stinkify=shower

Hermitize= staying at home in your pj's all day....

Skaggy ho attire= what you wear while 'hermitizing' (see above)

REAL WORDS!!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to jcplumbing

I sprayed the page because it seemed quicker than each chip. I'm goin to try the powders now. Thanks. Cross your fingers! I'll report back later.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to 3MiniSchnauzers

I love the new word of the day - UNSTICKIFY

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-13-12 07:59 AM
In response to Mother Goose

Unstickify, awesome!! You could also use Bestine (or Undu if you want a more expensive product) to remove the glue.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to jcplumbing

• jcplumbing Said:
Hi,

Thanks for that, information is great.
How do I found out where game is being played (if it's changing stadiums) or date/ko changes

WHAT?

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bxr-Linda

Yeah - as said.. spray adhesive is used BETWEEN things you want adhered.

It will stay sticky if just sprayed on the surface.

Sonsie
Sonsie 
Pro
Sonsie
In response to Bxr-Linda

The first time I used spray adhesive I almost keeled over in my scraproom and about had to crawl out the door. It took hours for the smell to clear. That stuff is vile. Hope the baby powder or cornstarch works! That would be a terrible waste after all that work.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics