Username Post: to pay for shipping or not        (Topic#1573741)
Tenant

I just places an order and I knew it wasn't going to qualify for free shipping. I wanted it and really wasn't interested in anything else so I placed the order. That brings me to some questions - do you wait until you have a bunch of things you want - add on to make up your free shipping amount or do you bite the bullet and pay for shipping?

I'm thinking I spend more money by adding to an order than just paying for the shipping charge in the first place.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to nswilliams

For me it just depends. If I know that I will not find the items in the store, I will get what I want. I will not go over $7 shipping. I know ppr pads weigh more so that will make shipping more. If I dont find much, then I wont order.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Mia1979

There are always things in the back of my mind that I want - like several punches I really like. I use those "want" items but in no hurry to get to finish out my order so I can get free shipping.

Right now there are about 10 Cat's eye chalks and I am fine without them - will wait until free shipping day and add them to my order to bring it high enough.

THey are things I would buy at the box stores anyway, but doens't cost me anything more to throw it in on a free shipping day - and I would buy them anyway.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Henri Jean

I sort of do it the same way as Henri. I have a bunch of items that are "wants" that I would like to have but I'm not in any rush to get. I'll add those to my order to round it out to qualify for free shipping. In fact, I just did that with another order. I was shy by $14 of getting free shipping. If I paid for it, shipping was $6.95. I'd rather have $14 worth of stuff, so I added two things that were on my "that'd be nice to have" list.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to siameseplease

I should add, if the difference between free shipping and what I'd have to order is more like $30+, I'm more likely to just pay shipping. So, I guess it depends on how much the difference is:
$14 worth of stuff v. $7 shipping - yes
spending an extra $40 to hit the free shipping - not usually

Sonsie
Sonsie 
Pro
Sonsie
In response to siameseplease

I always have a ton of stuff on my wish list here just waiting for free shipping, the hard part is picking out what I really want now! I refuse to pay for shipping since I have a Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Jo-Anns, and a LSS close by.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-14-12 02:21 PM
In response to Sonsie

I don't have much problem paying for shipping. My M's never has anything I want and my J's has even less. And the closest LSS is an hour drive plus a $5 bridge toll. Might as well just pay for shipping at that point. I do try to maximize it as much as possible - I wait for the 10% off here, or the free shipping (although since I don't do Facebook I guess I'll be missing those days more often). Another site I shop at has free shipping over a certain dollar amount so I wait until I can order enough for that.

But the post office and UPS are not free services, so if it's a fee I have to pay to get stuff I want, so be it.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to stick

I don't have Facebook either. Hopefully, someone will be gracious enough to give us a heads up when the free shipping is. I missed it last time because I didn't get the code.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to flintridgescrapper

You are right Judy. I don't have Facebook either but someone will usually give us a heads up and PM the code. That helps a lot.

Veteran
In response to Henri Jean

Free shipping ;(
I never knew that they had those..... How often does it happen?

jennkaun
Tenant
jennkaun
In response to Noelles mom

Anyone ship to Canada? I ordered some chalks a while ago that I really wanted. It was my first order from this site, and when I went to check out the shipping was almost double the chalks!!

That was a little upsetting and will definitely stop me from shopping here because shipping is way cheaper on other sites.

Sonsie
Sonsie 
Pro
Sonsie

It's fairly random but next time I see it up on FB I'll let it be known and give you all the "details".

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sonsie

Thank you so much. Last time several posted a heads up and then gave the code to those who sent PMs. It helped a lot!

Veteran
In response to Sonsie

Thanks a lot.

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2

I envy you. I have seen so many great things in American online stores, but the international shipping costs are just killing me. And I run the risk of a package being searched by customs and I end up paying extra VAT (which luckily happens rarely over here).

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to elsje2

As I live in Canada, I never qualify for the free shipping, though they will sometimes deduct a bit off the price. The closest shops to me are at least 1/2 hour away and don't always have what I want anyway. I usually have a few items on my want list, so I wait until they have something discounted that's on my list and then order. I have ordered from other sites, but I get it much faster from here than anywhere else.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics