Username Post: HL enabler alert        (Topic#1573851)
Resident

OK, this morning I convinced myself that I was not going to scrap shop for awhile because I have sooo much stuff already...well, that lasted until I had 45 minutes of free time before picking up my daughter.

Went into HL for adhesive ONLY but looked at all the new lines and went to the clearance aisle in the back. Usually not a lot there for scrapping but today they must have just put new stuff in clearance section.

I got Holtz Distress inks for $2.99, 2 cute wooden stamps for $2.49, brad packs for $1.79, a Sea World kit for $5.99 (we just went there last week)
and some sticker embellies for $2.99. All w/ yellow clearance tags.

I do not have a Sizzix but they had die cuts (one called Dream w butterflies-so cute and a few others) for 10.99 and also Sizzix embossing folders for $4.99. Jars of embossing powder for $2.99, darker colors.

They also had many packs of letters, odds and end papers and paper packs, cling stamps,flowers and buttons.

Very happy w/ the sale!

Happy Scrapping!

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing
In response to stvmom2

How perfect you found the Sea World kit!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to ktmracing

I was wondering if HL is going to discontinue carrying Distress Inks? Their selection was very small- and just like M's, it seem's they stopped restocking it a few months or so back...

-k

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to designguyKORY

Did they have any new paper lines because I was there a few weeks ago and the paper was blah even though it was half off. They are having the same sale this week. I may or may not go.

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing
In response to Mia1979

• Mia1979 Said:
Did they have any new paper lines because I was there a few weeks ago and the paper was blah even though it was half off. They are having the same sale this week. I may or may not go.

At my HL, they have not changed much of the paper at all. They raised the cost, so even at 50% off, it is still high.

BTW, Mia, I was on the Wisconsin section of this site and see you are from here as well. Are you going to the expo in Milwaukee this weekend?

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to ktmracing

my HL started clearancing distress inks and it seemed like they never had any and then boom, all the clearance ones where restocked and there where new colors! Not too impressive when you think that they had 8 colors before and now they have 12...but our TH section is tiny.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to ktmracing

• ktmracing Said:
  • Mia1979 Said:

At my HL, they have not changed much of the paper at all. They raised the cost, so even at 50% off, it is still high.

BTW, Mia, I was on the Wisconsin section of this site and see you are from here as well. Are you going to the expo in Milwaukee this weekend?

I want to go but I dont know if I will.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Mia1979

I have to stay out of the stores - or I should.

Just spent half my social security check for April on an online scrapbook site.

Oh wait - I already spent all of April's social security check before Easter. Silly Henri.

Bad Henri. Bad, bad Henri. And he we are trying to qualifiy for another house to rent out. Wait until he reivews my checking account statements - one after another - scrapbook sites, scrapbook.com and Joannes, Hobby Lobby, Michaels. No food. No bills. No other expenses paid out of the account. Just scrapbook supplies. Enough in scrapbook supplies to support a small family. Bad Henri.

Bill pays for all the food and bills and keeps a savings account for us. Bill and the social security administrative put money in my bank account - Bill likes to make sure I have money to spend. That has to mean it is for scrapbook supplies. Right?

Henri really went over the deep end this morning.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to Henri Jean

Why would HL clearance distress ink?

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to SoonerT

I was shocked last week to see that my HL has some of the new distress markers! I was able to get 2 of the 5 marker packs.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to Rosita

I have to take a look at those markers, I love inking and am thinking the markers would be great for that.

Another enabler alert.....

40% off all rubber stamps and sets.

New Kid On the Block
In response to SoonerT

I've been waiting for a 50% sale as I Love the new Minds Eye Christmas stack! Can't wait to see the other new stacks.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to bilalb268

from inside sorce's at a HL I go to, they are going just fasing out the old ink pad's. They have been in some stores almost 1 year (wow) and they are adding fresh pads ... and the WHOLE line of distress marker's by end of summer *HOLLA* but still archivers markers here are like 3.99 so w/coupon and buying set's were saving like a buck

I wonder if all colors will come out in the set's. Or if there will be specail ones made that like you couldnt get in the ink set's. The 1st one I bought was the white, it was the last one Archivers had, and they said the display had been up 2 days and it was full ... plus Im always down to try a new white ... Ive found my correction pen is the best of all thus far (have not played with tim's white yet)

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to designguyKORY

My HL has a good selection of TH and some of his newest stuff too. But M's....their inventory is terrible and they have 40 - 50% on nearly everything...without a coupon. It's like they are making room for new stuff.

whateveriwant
Resident
whateveriwant
In response to CrimsonMama

love when they get ready for new stock!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics