Username Post: PP with a picture, not an actual pattern        (Topic#1574341)
LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC

I have a bunch of beautiful papers that have less of an organized pattern, and more of a picture (flowers, flourishes, etc), often taking up about 1/3 of the sheet. The papers are lovely, but how do you suggest working with the picture? Treat the picture like an embellishment? Cut the picture off and use it somewhere else?

Edited by LesleyC on 04-29-12 04:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-29-12 11:32 AM
In response to LesleyC

I treat them as embellisments. The flowers in both of the pics below are part of the paper.

Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf
In response to gone

I do too. sometimes I cut the shape a little and slip a picture under it...

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Kitty_wOlf

These I have a tendency to cut them so that my picture goes under them or use them as the others have

Edited by Sneezy1956 on 04-29-12 11:48 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to Sneezy1956

Thank you, all! Those are some great ideas! (I also realize I typed "paper" more times than necessary in my original post! )

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to LesleyC

If you like embossing, you can use an embossing pen to "color" over the image. It adds a bit of dimension to it. That is what I did to the little critter. I also like to add flocking powder -the clouds and critter nose have it on this one.
[image] Introducing Zane By Rushli[/image]
ETA: to keep the same colors use clear powder, and if you want to change anything, use another color. I changed the stem color in this one.

Edited by Rushli on 04-29-12 03:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Expert
In response to Rushli

I also like to embellish the designs on the paper with stuff like Glossy Accents, glitter pens (I use the Clear Star Gelly Roll one from Sakura), Stickles, etc. just to add some dimension.

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to Rushli

• Rushli Said:
If you like embossing, you can use an embossing pen to "color" over the image. It adds a bit of dimension to it. That is what I did to the little critter. I also like to add flocking powder -the clouds and critter nose have it on this one.
[image] Introducing Zane By Rushli[/image]
ETA: to keep the same colors use clear powder, and if you want to change anything, use another color. I changed the stem color in this one.

I am an embossing virgin. It's on my "too try" list, though.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to LesleyC

Like Huskermom....I use stickles a lot on flowers, butterflies, flourishes etc...
I just treat it like an embellishment but I usually dress it up a little. I'm more prone to 3D type embellishments, not crazy about anything too flat so I add stuff....
I'm an embossing junkie...
This one has background snowflakes and flourishes on the paper that I just embossed and embellished (a bit hard to tell in the pic, sorry!)....
Winter Walk By Kiyawinn

Alison

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics