Username Post: Wedding Scrapbook        (Topic#1576311)
Love_Forever2012
New Kid On the Block
Love_Forever2012

I have started a wedding scrapbook. I used to scrap book a while ago but wasent very good at it now im really into it. I got married on June 25,2011 almost a year ago and i just got around to printing all the pictures and stuff and really want to make a unique wedding alblum such as titles and diffrent cool ideas. I have already decided to incorporate a piece of all the card we recieved at our wedding throught out the alblum. I just want some more unique or cute ideas?

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Love_Forever2012

my advice has to do with the "conception of your album as a whole". You might want to consider carrying some similar ideas and design choices throughout the entire album to tie the pages together and help the viewer "travel" through the album. Things like similar color schemes, titles (placement, style), elements, embellishments. Example: I have found that if you use similar titles, photo captions, and journaling elements the viewer starts looking for them to read.
Similar pages lend themselves to a "calmer" experience when viewing the pages as opposed to a chaotic experience where the viewer has to "figure out" each and every page Example: when the pages are all completely different the viewer has to figure out what is important, what isn’t, why is the title sideways??? Their eyes just dart around trying to understand new colors, shapes, embellishments, styles, it becomes too much. No, don’t get me wrong, I not suggesting "cloning” every page but just a few touches that repeat themselves throughout the album go a long way to make it a viewing experience. It makes it easier for the viewer to recognize what is important to you, what you are trying to say on each page as opposed to having to wade through a bunch of scrapbooking “bells and whistles”. Make it about your wedding, your experiences, your memories not the latest scrapbooking trend. But, if just have to drag out the every scrapping trick you can think of, limit it to a couple pages.

Think of it as a fashion show. Similar items (tied together in some way be it color, style etc.) come down the runway, then ya hit ‘em with the finale, usually a wedding dress.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to Gelidy Gelato

My suggestion is to choose a paper line that has your wedding color and theme. Use bits and pieces throughout the album to pull it together. Such as frames and tags, and journalling blocks, etc. Keep background papers solid or quiet and let your embellies and accents work together. Don't over crowd the pages.

Love_Forever2012
New Kid On the Block
Love_Forever2012
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I do kinda have a theme going i am using wedding paper and our wedding colors throught out the alblum what i was just wanted to do was have interesting titles on each paper to catch the readers attention. Im having a hard time finding champagne color paper cuz that and camo were our colors.

Love_Forever2012
New Kid On the Block
Love_Forever2012
In response to Love_Forever2012

Does this sounds good? Does any one have any other ideas our wedding colors were champagne,pink and camo.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics