Username Post: So Mad        (Topic#1576469)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I ordered some nesties from Amazon. They are so good about sending things together so you don't rack up the postage.

However, the nesties came from a 3rd party and they didn't have that courtesy.

They send me 3 of them (ordered Saturday). One went out Saturday, one Sunday and one Monday.

I'm sure they didn't get them in over the weekend so they just avoided having one shipping fee.

I am going to file a report with Amazon.

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing
In response to Henri Jean

That's not cool if they were all from the same person. You should not have to pay extra shipping. But if they did not say they combine shipping, you may be out of luck.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ktmracing

didn't it tell you how much the shipping was when you agreed to order them??

I'd think that if it was for their convenience, THEY have to eat any extra shipping.

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to ktmracing

I'm so sorry that happened to you - I'd be mad, too.

Whether or not you can recover your cost, one thing you can do is leave a review on Amazon for the third party company you purchased from. (These are separate from the product reviews.) I don't know how many other people do this, but I *always* read the reviews when I purchase something through Amazon but from a third party... so you'd be helping people like me not to get taken, too.

But it certainly can't hurt to notify Amazon, too. Their customer service is really awesome. I hope they can make this right for you. (And if not, hopefully some new nesties will at least make this a little less painful.)

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to CommaHolly

These all came from the same person - I made sure of that before I ordered.

I don't remember what it said shipping was - I just went with standard.

There was a box to check - do you want things shipped together to save shipping expenses and I checked "yes" on that.

Maybe the seller will pick up the extra charges but somehow, I think if it was out of their pocket they wouldn't have sent them in 3 packages.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I emailed Amazon about it but haven't heard anything back.

I ordered 6 books from Amazon and they are all coming together and one other book is coming from a 3rd party.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-15-12 03:31 PM

Henri, I've found that MANY of the third-party sellers on Amazon do not combine, and the shipping charge you see is for EACH item. Not sure you'll get much satisfaction from emailing Amazon because they allow it, and the charges would have been displayed on the invoice when you checked out. The "combine shipping" thing is for Amazon-fulfilled orders only.

I pretty much don't buy from the third-parties unless it is "fulfilled by Amazon," or occasionally when it's an item that I just can't get elsewhere.

Edited by stick on 05-15-12 03:33 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to stick

I think my time buying from third-parties is over too. I'll just stick with buying what Amazon sells and ships.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Yes, I made the "fullfilled by another vendor" mistake. I needed waterpacks for my Harley jacket and if it's not coming from Amazon you can't do 3 day. Ended up driving all the way to Stone Mountain Harley because they were the only vendor locally that had them. Then of course my order arrived while I was on vacation.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to CrimsonMama

I'm confused, you knew the shipping costs when you checked out, agreed to them, and paid them. Does it matter if they all come together? You've already paid the costs, it's not like they can charge you again for more shipping because they sent them separate.

You can get on your amazon acct to see the details of your order, btw.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to angie girl

I checked the standard shipping and didn't even look to see how many parcels becuase Amazon has alwyas just shipped in one parcel whenever possible.

I have got to pull up my order and look at the amount of shipping - my order was over $300 so I didn't pay a lot attention to the shipping until I realized this one place was sending my items in 3 separate packages.

Next time I will definitely pay more attention to the shipping costs. I did pay for them, you are right, and I was careless not checking the amount but it never occured to me I was paying for shipping 2 more packages than I should have been paying for.

I didn't know I could go to Amazon and get details of things like shipping once the order had gone out.

Thanks Angie - I'm going to go now and see how much more shipping I am paying for than I realized.

Okay - just checked and I'm not so upset. Thanks for the tip Angie.

They did send it in 3 separate envelopes but the envelopes were each sent inexpensively so its not that bad. That is why the shipping amount didn't jump out at me - I figured it would be a couple dollars to mail them and the 3 total, even in different shipments came to what I expected one big package to be.

They still could have saved money sending them at once but but the amount is so low - I think it was about $1.63 more the way they did it so I'm not complaining anymore.

I am scratching my head at how stupid it is to send 3 packages when all 3 nestie sets would fit in one envelope but since my difference in cost is $1.63, I'll live with it. I'm just glad it wasn't bigger, heavier items!

BUt that is why I didn't notice it when they gave me total shipping costs. I didn't realize it was broken down to 3 mailings on those 3 items.

I feel better after checking - again, thank you Angie. Now I don't feel so much like I've been taken to the cleaners!

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla

You DO have to be careful about ordering scrapbooking items at Amazon...if they are not being shipped by them....well, probably anything where you buy lots from one vendor.

I had about 20 items in my cart all from one vendor and I was pretty excited since the items were fairly resonably priced. I noticed that each one had a shipping price next to what they were charging for the item, but I assumed they would not charge that much if getting all the items in one order because it would have come to about $88. in shipping for about $140. in merchandise. I noticed when I went to check-out, that high shipping charge was still there so I backed out and sent the vendor an email asking if I would be charged that full amount for shipping if I placed the order and they told me yes, that was how it was set up by Amazon, but they could make an adjustment later. I was scared to trust them so I just ordered three items (I just couldn't live without) and noticed that they did not adjust the shipping to a lower amount.....so buyer beware! The items were attractively priced to lure you in, but they made up for that in the individual shipping charges!!!

I do order regular stuff frequently from Amazon because the prices are generally pretty good and I LOVE reading the reviews before making purchases.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to kygirlnfla

SOOOO true they almost got me this month!

Claudine Hellmouth stamps normally 15.00 per set were like 4.00 so I was like heck yea even used at that price. Went to check out ALL i had chosen which was 10 so $40.00 umm, shipping was $50.00, I about died laughing ---- REALLY $50.00 to ship 4 acrylic stamp sets ROFL. Ebay seller's are guilty of it also!! I mean were living in a world when we see a sale we HAVE to find the catch to it, because there IS going to be one LOL!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sassie

I got a very nice email from Amazon this morning and all of the shipping costs are being put back on my credit card - I had checked to send in one box to save postage and they said they do that when they could.

Apparantly they did not come from a 3rd party source like I thought, they did all actually come from Amazon fullfillment centers. Here is what their letter said:

Hello,

I am sorry for to learn that your shipment for three of Spellbinder nestabilities was divided into three shipments.

When you choose the option to "Group my items into as few shipments as possible," we combine shipments where we can. Since we don't always have all the items you order at the same fulfillment center, we can't always send everything in one package.

To fill your order as quickly as possible, we shipped order #002-7672150-1269807 from multiple fulfillment centers in separate shipments.

...Then invoice info and breakdown...

However as a goodwill gesture, I've refunded your shipping costs in the amount of $2.51. You'll see the refund on your Visa statement in the next 2-3 business days.

(I would not have made such a big deal out of it if I had realized the postage for all 3 was so low, I just saw that they were all 3 shipped at different times when they sent me the tracking info.)

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing

Glad it all ended well!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ktmracing

well that was nice of them,,,,,a return customer is always worth 2 bucks!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to CommaHolly

So glad it all worked out for you! I've gotten caught with the third party vendor issue before, and now I only order things directly from Amazon. They are usually great to work with.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to *jesse*

I just feel silly making such a big stink over such a little amount. But because it was so small is why I didn't notice it on the shipping charge.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

I'm a prime amazon member and it really makes me mad when I can't get my free two day shipping. so many of the 3rd party don't do it

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics