Username Post: My Turn For Help        (Topic#1576477)
HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM

Hello all! I need help with ideas for a wedding anniversary. My friend and her husband will be celebrating their first and I would like to make them something special. Also keep in mind, I will have to ship this across the country.
I thought about making them a mini album. However, I am not sure I want to go that way because their photographer may have done an album for them. Thoughts? Then I thought about altering a frame or making a shadow box. BUT their colors will not coordinate with their home decor (wedding colors were black, silver and hunter green. The home is like a brown and blue?)....SOOOOOOO any ideas? Thank you for ANY ideas!

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to HisGEM

You could do a frame or shadowbox and go monochromatic in a neutral color that would go with both the wedding colors and the home decor (cream or white perhaps?)

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to crazycricut

That's a thought! Thank you for your response!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-15-12 07:02 PM
In response to HisGEM

Do you still have their invitation? You could frame it and add a photo and maybe a few embellishments. Or if there's any way to get a copy of their vows from their officiant, you could print that on some pretty paper and frame it.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Vae

The wedding itself is over. Although this is an anniversary, I'd be inclined to make the frame coordinate with their home rather than the wedding colors. I'd use a B&W or sepia wedding photo, or even just a photo of the couple that you know they like.

My friend Tracy has made these gorgeous tiles that might also work, depending on your friends' decor. I'll see if I can find a link. She said that they were super easy and inexpensive to make, and were a hit with the receivers.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to siameseplease

Thank you both! I love making tiles.....hmmmm, that may be the way I go! Thank you

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to HisGEM

Here's one Tracy did. She has a few others in her gallery,too:
Photo Tile By Tracy S.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Oops, sorry, HisGem. I see that you have already made them and probably don't need an example. I want to try making a few, maybe for Christmas this year. I've never made them before, though. I was thinking that even though they may be heavy, they're small enough to ship in a flat rate box. You'd just have to wrap them really, really well to prevent breakage.

Let us know what you decide to do. I'd love to see your project!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM

No, this is perfect! I usually do vinyl, but this may be the way to go! THANK YOU!!!

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 05-16-12 06:45 AM
In response to HisGEM

Cute idea for the tiles!

Do you use real photo paper for the pic?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics