Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: S and H green stamps        (Topic#1576921)
terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Hi everyone-
I found an old tin bread box in the attic full of old S and H green stamps and books. If you would like some to scrap with, PM me and I will gladly send you some!
I just hate to throw them away when I KNOW someone will be able to use them for something!
I just finished covering the plywood that will be my coffee bar top with them-- it looks so cool! Such good memories at grandma's house sticking those things into books and looking at the catalogue with her!

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4
In response to terrihooper

Oh, don't those little stamps bring back memories? Such a cool find! So nice of you to share too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I adored trading stamps. I did a page about them so my kids would know what they were. [image] Childhood Memories Trading Stamps By Anda11http://[/image]

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to anda11

Linda, LOVE your page. This brings back so many memories. I remember spending endless hours going through the catalogue, such fun. Terri I'd love a few. Many thanks!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to theellenbee

I will pm you--my family took a trip to NYC on S&H green stamps, and then my parents went to Hawaii on them.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to scrapperbee

I am so glad there are those of you that want these!
I had the most fun going through the box! And gluing them/varnishing them onto my coffee bar top! Such wonderful memories-- I wish it had a catalogue in it!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

I loved S & H green stamps! My brothers and I always put them in the books and I got to go with my mom there every month or so.
I would love some for my parents album (they are deceased). I have tons of pics of theirs I'm sorting to start doing books. I'm actually surprised I didn't find a few of stragglers of them when I cleaned the house out.
I'll PM you....if I can figure out how.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to SherylEb

I just went to ebay and found some catalogues but I was looking for some from the early 60's. There are however some from the 70's and 80's. I had no idea they were still around in the 80's.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I remember them so well. My mother collected S&H green stamps and TOp Value stamps.

As kids our job, about once a year was to glue them all in. And of course she had tons of them so it was really a project.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Henri Jean

wow -- haven't thought of them in forever. I can so clearly remember collecting them and putting them in the books and going up to the store to trade them in.

Thanks for triggering a very happy memory.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312

• theellenbee Said:
I had no idea they were still around in the 80's.

As a kid, sometime around 1980ish, I watched the Brady Bunch episode with trading stamps and became obsessed with the idea of finding some. I searched and searched and found a grand total of 4. I think they were almost completely gone by then. Disappointing- it seemed so cool!

Cindy

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to cindy312

ah the good old days. i remember my mom licking stamps into those books and then going to the trading center for some such thing.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to cescrapper

I remember licking those stamps!

Melonhead
Tenant
Melonhead
In response to prittb

As a kid we had 3 jars on a shelf. One big one for green stamps (Publix), one medium one for yellow stamps (Kwik Check/Winn Dixie) and a smaller one for Plaid stamps (A&P, I think). Mother and Grandmother shopped around for sales, I think.

The last thing I remember "buying" with stamps was an ironing board back in the 1980s when the S&H redemption center went out of business.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Melonhead

Last thing I remember buying was a card table and 4 chairs.

The yellow stamps we had were Top Value.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Melonhead

Oh WOW! I remember my Grandma having a drawer full of them! And about a thousand books, each with five or six stamps glued into each one. I don't think they ever got anything with them- but they still always put them into a drawer.

Your coffee table sounds COOL! I wanna see! I remember loving the color of the stamps.

-k

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to designguyKORY

Henri-
Oddly enough- that is the last thing I remember getting with them, too! I also remember getting a blender!

Kory-
When it is done, I will post pics!

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire

Just remembered -- I got a pressure cooker with my green stamps, and put it to good use over the years.

Veteran
In response to Solitaire

My mother & grandmother saved them and would get some pretty nice things once they had enough books.I collected them in the 8o's and the last thing I got with them were baby toys for my little girl.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to SHARON ELISE

I have a whole pile of them here. They still have value, go to greenpoints.com.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics