Username Post: Printing on cardstock...        (Topic#1576965)
Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy

I am having trouble getting cardstock to run through my printer. I really need to print out some journaling to finish completing pages. Any idea why it won't feed through the printer?? Any help would be appreciated.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Vintageivy

I don't have an answer for you, only my own experience. I can run all colors of card stock through my printer except blue. For some reason, my printer doesn't like blue, I guess.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to chocolateaxel

My last printer would not take it from the feeder tray but if I manually fed it, bypassing the feeder tray it took it just fine.

My current takes cardstock with no problem

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Henri Jean

Mine only accepts thicker paper if I actually manually feed it through. I have to hold it and sort of lightly push down as the printer arms are trying to grab the paper, and it takes it.

scrappinmac
Expert
scrappinmac
In response to siameseplease

Sometimes it seems like it's too slippery to go through the right way. Have you changed the paper options on your printer to accept cardstock? Our new printer (color) doesn't have that option, but our old one (black and white) does.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to Vintageivy

I don't know what kind of printer you have, but some have a by-pass for heavy paper. My Epson 1400 takes the heavier paper very well, but my Brother all-in-1 does not and I have to feed the cardstock from a place behind the printer that drops down. (such a pain).

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Mother Goose

I also have to use the by pass which is also what I have set to print photos from. The printer tray won't do it.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to siameseplease

• siameseplease Said:
Mine only accepts thicker paper if I actually manually feed it through. I have to hold it and sort of lightly push down as the printer arms are trying to grab the paper, and it takes it.

This is what I have to do with my printer. I also have to be careful that I apply pressure evenly as I feed the paper through, or it comes out crooked.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to Luvmyfam

Did you change the settings?

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Mia1979

I have some heavier cs I know won't feed so when I need to print I use thinner cs.

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to RockStar

My old printer won't take thick cs so I bought some really thin cheap stuff from M's just to use for printing on.

When I got my new printer I made sure to check that it would take up to 80lb paper (which is general cs weight).

Good luck!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Scrapbook Queen

I've given up even trying. Our printer is super fussy and freaks out about anything other than copy paper. If I change a bunch of settings, say a prayer and stand on one foot, it will print on vellum. But never cardstock.

Cindy

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to cindy312

I don't have luck printing on anything but regular paper. I just go ahead and print on it and then mat the print onto more decorative cardstock.

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to Mia1979

Thank you so much everyone for all of your tips. I changed the setting on my printer. I was able to get the three pages of journaling to print that I needed but my printer sure sounded like it did not like it-LOL!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics