Username Post: another ranger product question or 2        (Topic#1577457)
Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

how/what do you use the re-inkers for?

Have you used the cut n foam pad? I think Im calling it the right thing. I dont see it for sale here any more.

Its the pad you cut to size & use the reinkers to make a customm pad, it looks fun. Looks like its been around a LONG time but ive never seen it in action until today TY

Resident
In response to Sassie

I have never used those, I use them for watercoloring from time to time, I of course re-ink my pads with them, I also use them with perfect pearls to make my own glimmer mist.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to must_love_paper

Like must love paper said, they're great for watercoloring and making your own shimmery sprays, and of course reinking your pads, but the custom stamp pad is fun!

Stamp on the white side of the cut n dry foam pad in permanent ink and cut it out. If youre using a clear stamp, just cut out the shape. If youre using a wood mounted stamp, when you press the stamp down on the pad, trace the wood mount with a pencil, then cut along the pencil line. It will help when lining it up to use again.

Then use the reinkers (right from the bottle) to color in the image. Store it in a ziploc bag or other airtight container and it will last for months! You can always re-ink it again, even changing the lighter colors to darker ones.

You can also heat up the grey side with a heat gun and press a stamp into it, then cut that shape out, ink it up and stamp with it. You can press anything into it while its warm (washers, nuts and bolts, shoe prints, toy car tire prints, coins, anything really). Dont like what you pressed in? Heat it up and the shape disappears and the foam returns to its original form.

Make sure you get the foam and not the felt, though!

Have fun!!!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Also wanted to add that the reinkers are very thick, so if you are using them to make sprays, you'll want to water them down.

They will also never dry out, so if you put a few drops on a non stick mat or plastic surface, it will stay wet forEVER!

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Kim222

So you can make you own STAMP with the foam??? Is that what your saying??? Wow, your really ranger intelligent ... Im sooo glad you've found my post's! Youve been such a great help ... and Im sure Im not done asking questions

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Sassie

Yes! BUT its more of a reverse stamp when you're pressing objects into the foam.

Glad I could help and feel free to ask away!! I'm sure you'll come up with stuff on your own, too, just by playing with it all

Have fun!!

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Kim222

OH so I could make my own reflection words like tim has made ... oh im going to have to look into this !!!!!!!!!!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Sassie

check out Tim's video seems like he did a christmas stamp that was amazing that he used the foam with.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Sneezy1956

where is that at? On his blog... i get so lost in there

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics