Username Post: Smash Book        (Topic#1579411)
cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper

I held off for as long i could. at first i could not see any reason to buy one but i did anyway. I would like to add some of my own pages but can't figure out how.

i tried using the Cinch but the holes don't match up.

If you have a smash book and have figured out how to add your own pages please let me dnow

thanks

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to cescrapper

I have one but have not added my own pages...I did cover some of the pages with my own paper however.
I used my Smashbook as a travel journal on a trip recently and I set it up before we left. I added some of my own paper to the pages, glued in pockets, added titles and embellishments...then on the trip, I just journalled, stuck in receipts, brochures etc..and left room for photos to stick in when we got back...

If I may ask, why do you want to add your own pages?
Alison

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to kiyawinn

hey, that's an idea because the page doesn't always reflect what i wany to do. Thanks

cutescrapper
Tenant
cutescrapper
In response to cescrapper

I wasn't in love with everything in the books either so I purchased an inexpensive notebook and altered it. Here is a link to one I made into a pregnancy keepsake book.
Pregnancy Book

kaybear93
Expert
kaybear93
In response to cutescrapper

My smash books are just the .97 black and white comp books from wal mart. I do think the actual smash books look interesting but I can alter these and make them much more interesting for a small fraction of the cost. I more or less scrap/smash. No where near as fancy as my scrapbooks though..And I also use it for a journal!

bbarthej
Veteran
bbarthej

• cutescrapper Said:
I wasn't in love with everything in the books either so I purchased an inexpensive notebook and altered it. Here is a link to one I made into a pregnancy keepsake book.
Pregnancy Book

What a great idea to add the door knob. LOVE it!

I have never added pages, but I have covered some to make it my own. Youtube has some good examples, but not sure if there were any about adding pages.

ksimonew
New Kid On the Block
ksimonew
In response to bbarthej

i recently saw the inside of one of the smach books and still not sure how they work. do you just journal and add pics?

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa

You did a great job with you smash book! I've always wondered why people buy smash books when it seems more fun to make your own.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to Crafting Marfa

it's too late to return the one i bought so i'll make the best of it but i do plan to make one for "13". i was hoping i could add pages but you can't so i'll just do what i can and well have fun as best i can.

i dind the already pre made pages to be a bit limiting. i do the the accessories .

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics