Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Cricut.Com Question        (Topic#1579783)
dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

If anyone has been out to the new Cricut.Com site, can you tell me how to find the list of cartridges they used to have? You used to be able to see a listing of the cartridges, then could click on a column that showed you through the handbook, etc. I can't find that anywhere now. Did they do away with it?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to dwelch

Well, ********, I really liked that list. Now they don't want to tell you much of anything without making you watch a video, and I HATE websites that are centered around the idea of communicating their content only by video (which excludes deaf users, users with low fluency in English, users whose computer setups or workplace restrictions preclude the viewing of video, and users who would really just prefer to read the information).

I also found a video description on the website that included the sentence "Surprise you’re guests with this darling favor!", which also presses some of my anger buttons.

susanlk
Veteran
susanlk
In response to aquabunny

I can't find the list. But you can view the handbooks by doing this from the home page:

1. Click on the Shop tab at the top left
2. Click on Cartridges at the left
3. Locate the cartrdige you want to see the handbook for (This is a real pain because you only get so many cartridges per page & have to scroll through the pages to find the cartridge you're looking for. The default search is by release date, with newest cartridges shown first. You can re-sort by name, though.)
4. Click on the name of the cartridge
5. Click on Details
6. Scroll down until you see the section called "Cartridge Resources", then click on digital handbook.

This is not user friendly, but at least now the new cartridge handbooks are available to view.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to susanlk

Thank you, Susan! OMG, could they have made this more difficult? That's always been my "go-to" list when I just wanted to check out something quickly. Why do companies try to make things as difficult and complicated as possible. I would have NEVER found this without your help.

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to dwelch

I spoke to one of the CS reps the other day about this and she said they are still working on this part of the site and hope to have it up soon.

sheshie37
Idol
sheshie37
In response to SandraB.

Provo craft was never very sharing on their website...really if it wasn't for the posters that site wouldn't last very long

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to sheshie37

Yep! Just tried last night to look up a cart and was 1. Surprised the site was different and 2. That they took away the "information" tab that was used to look at the list of carts and their content.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to ChansGram

Try this one. It shows the contents of each of the cricut handbooks in PDF format. Everything is now in the "cloud."

http://www.mediafire.com/?lchfmkf5sn16h

sheshie37
Idol
sheshie37
In response to Solitaire

thanks solitaire , that's perfect!

shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse
In response to sheshie37

They upgraded Cricut Craftroom also and I am not liking it at all. Didn't help that to talk to a person I have to wait till Monday. Trying to weld a shaped card and I can't. Can Weld two different shapes together but not two of the same shape. When I started to log on this morning it prompted me to upgrade never had a problem with their upgrades before. Wish I had clicked the skip button.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to shortmouse

Weird! I'm so happy I haven't quit using Design Studio yet - maybe someday when they work some more bugs out of Craft Room, though I will never be comfortable with the idea of being unable to use things I own without having an active internet connection (and, by extension, the idea that products I've paid for will disappear if/when the company decides to stop supporting the software).

shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse
In response to aquabunny

I bought a new laptop and could not find the disk for Design Studio. Have searched this house up and down for it and it wasn't I thought it would be. Thinking of looking on Ebay to see about getting a new copy of Studio.

creater1
Diva
creater1

Sometimes I wonder what the heck they are doing. Change can be good but they seem to always take a giant step towards irritating their users.
I just don't understand who is running the show and how they expect us to want to use their product with their unacceptable changes.
Change for the better I am game for but have to go through all those steps to find and image that is insane.
I am so glad that I have lost the desire to purchase anything else from PC.
They changed the rewards and lots of other things super frustrating.
Wow I do feel better after unloading my frustration with PC.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

• shortmouse Said:
I bought a new laptop and could not find the disk for Design Studio. Have searched this house up and down for it and it wasn't I thought it would be. Thinking of looking on Ebay to see about getting a new copy of Studio.

Don't do that - just download the software from Cricut's website (it's more likely to work with your new compy than the CD version was anyway), and give their support line a call explaining that you've got a new computer and need to activate Design Studio on it. In my experience they are really great about this and it's super easy, although I might have had to provide a code from within the software - so if you still have it installed on your old computer, you might wanna boot that up and copy down the serial number, key number, and reg number that show up on the screen you get by picking "About" from the "Help" menu. It might be one of those, I don't really remember.

You will not be able to use the full version on your old computer anymore, but that doesn't sound like a problem for you.

Veteran
In response to aquabunny

question:
I am brand new here and loving it so far!!
I have four bunny rabbit photos with my daughter kaii in them and not sure what kind of title!!! HELP!

shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse
In response to mindygail

I pulled out my very old, very small hard drive, very little memory slow as molasses laptop yesterday. And after waiting 10 min for computer to start up and then another 12 for Design Studio to load I was able to cut out the items I wanted. I guess until the issue in craft room gets fixed I will use it as back up. I really like Craft room and the way it has worked in the past. Although I am going to call Provo Craft and see if they can help me getting it into this computer without disk I just can't remember if I registered it or not.

At one point I was thinking about upgrading to the expression 2. I sent a question in asking if Design Studio would work with it and I was told no that I would have to use Craft Room.

I did check Ebay for Design Studio and they want way more then I paid for mine Which I got on sale at Wal-mart.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to mindygail

• mindygail Said:
question:
I am brand new here and loving it so far!!
I have four bunny rabbit photos with my daughter kaii in them and not sure what kind of title!!! HELP!

What age is Kaii in the picture? For a little one, something like Cute As a Bunny, but that probably wouldn't fit an older girl. Well, it might fit, but she might not like it :>) Are the pictures a special time (like Easter?) or random bunny/girl pics? I'll get my thinking cap on, but it doesn't work well on Mondays...or most other days for that matter.

Oh...and welcome to the site!~Judy

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5

If you ever upgrade to a new machine, check out the Cameo and maybe you can tell Provo "see ya". I still love my Cricut, but I have SCAL, so I don't need to bother with cartridges or Provo, but my family got me a Cameo for Christmas and it works great too. It just doesn't cut thick stuff like chipboard like the Cricut does, but for what I usually cut (normal cs and pp), it works great.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

• shortmouse Said:
Although I am going to call Provo Craft and see if they can help me getting it into this computer without disk I just can't remember if I registered it or not.

There really shouldn't be a problem doing it without the disk - I bought a disk copy, but never installed from it - I used the key code from my purchased copy to activate a downloaded copy, and had no problem getting support to activate it on my new computer even though I once again installed from the downloadable version.

shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse
In response to aquabunny

I called Provo Craft about 20 min ago and I am now up and running with a registered Design studio full version. Thanks so much with that info. I also found out what I was doing wrong in Craft Room I was pulling the item I wanted to weld, doing a copy and paste and then trying to weld. Seems I have to pull up the item twice to weld. So if I want to hide some contours I have to do it twice. I am not going to complain about that though cause now I am up an running again. Thanks so much for the info Aquabunny.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics