Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Punches-Check out TJ Maxx        (Topic#1579893)
Resident

I was at TJ Maxx today and found MS Halloween punches for $2.99 and $3.99. Got the spider web single punch and the pumpkin border punch. Also got a MS border punch with hearts. They had several others that I would not use. Great selection.

I got two rolls of the MS paper tapes for 1.99 each and several MS Halloween sticker/embellishment sheets for $1.99.

Happy shopping!

michellesmakingmemories
Tenant
michellesmakingmemories
In response to stvmom2

I never even knew they sold scrapbooking stuff there, thanks for the heads up!!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-21-12 05:54 PM
In response to michellesmakingmemories

Duly noted, I think I can swing by there one night afer work. Thanks!

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to stick

Oh wow I guess I will have to check out my TJ Maxx tomorrow and see what they have!

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to thehappyscrapper8

I was there today too and picked up the MS Drippy Goo punch! I thought that one was discontinued a long time ago! I didn't want to pay full price for it but I got it for only $3.99!!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to crazycricut

Someone posted a few weeks ago that they had gotten other MS punches (non-holiday ones). Wonder if they've gotten a second shipment or if these are from the previous batch but just different ones in different stores. I might have to stop again when I pass by on Friday.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to disneylisa

Never can find anything but AmCraft ribbon at my store!

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to prittb

I bought several MS and EK punches a few weeks ago from TJ Max. I need to punch a sample to take with me so I don't repeat. Now would be a good time for me to start cataloging my punches.... I think that is fun!!!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to prittb

can you explain to the canadian here - is tj maxx the same corporation as marshalls? then our canadian version of marshalls just might have some punches too))
+1 on the AC ribbon - not that i don't like the stuff, but it was in our stores for a looong while. and can you imagine the disappointment when i went across the border, stopped at marshalls to see what you guys have in your stores and - wow - hello AC ribbon! )))

bigredssw
Tenant
bigredssw
In response to OlesyaK.

Yes, Marshalls is the same company as TJMaxx. We found lots of MS and EK Success punches at TJM, both in Durango and Farmington. They are up at the checkout line, not back with the home stuff in the back. Wish I was back in Texas where I could go to lots of TJM and Marshalls stores in San Antonio!! Maybe that's a good thing...I've bought way too many already...LOL Of course, I am buying for Xmas gifts for two granddaughters who scrap. Like Wilbur, I need to somehow catalog my punches.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to OlesyaK.

According to Wikipedia, yes, TJ Maxx and Marshalls and Ross are all part of the TJX department store chain. Good luck!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to aquabunny

I too have purchased several EK and a few MS punches from TJ Maxx and I love the deep discounts. Happy shopping.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to bigredssw

• bigredssw Said:
Like Wilbur, I need to somehow catalog my punches.

Here's an example of how I catalogued mine. My stamps and Sizzix dies are similarly catalogued.

Inventory Binder - Punches By Aquabunny

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
According to Wikipedia, yes, TJ Maxx and Marshalls and Ross are all part of the TJX department store chain. Good luck!

HomeGoods as well as HomeSense in Canada. Used to work in one many moons ago. Please take notes that you could find scrappy stuff at HomeGoods as well. Usually in the stationery aisle or by the registers, not much but some.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to GIGIGI30

I will have to check that out but not till sept 1st. lol

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to bigredssw

• bigredssw Said:
Like Wilbur, I need to somehow catalog my punches.

I use 3x5 index cards. (Actually I use my paper trimmer and cut them to 3x4.) I punch a small hole in the top left-hand corner and put a jump ring through it. On each card I do an edge punch and the matching corner punch, if I have it, then write the name of the punch on the card. I keep mine in alphabetical order, but they could be by category or whatever works best for you. I have a few cards that have several of the little $1-type punches—like a footprint/handprint/snowf lake (sorry, I can't take the space out, but guess you figured out it's "snowflake").

I actually have two sets. One goes in my purse since it hardly takes any space. If I see a punch I like, I can quickly pull out my cards and see if I already own the punch. The other set stays on top of my box of punches so I know what I'm scrounging for and also as a reminder of what I have, keeping me from using the same punch over and over simply because it's the one on the top of the pile.~Judy

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to mrsdriver5

Awsome idea Judy!!!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Cindyckj

Thanks...I only thought of it because I had needed one jump ring, but hubby ran into Mikes for me and bought two for "just in case". I didn't know what to do with the extra one, but it wasn't worth returning it. Then I got an infrequent brain-attack and actually came up with something that works for me. Of course I had to buy another jump ring since I wanted two sets of cards, but I bought the ring myself so I didn't end out with an extra one. ~Judy

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to mrsdriver5

I think I may just take a sheet of paper and punch my borders on it and keep that in my purse. I have quite a few punches but haven't bought any new punches in many years aside from a ms border punch and a circle edge punch. So right now i'm mainly into border punches. But that'll help me keep track!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Cindyckj

I also want to make a couple sets of cards to keep track of my stamps, but I just haven't taken the time to do it yet. As it is, when I buy a duplicate, I give it to one of my daughters. One scraps and the other is a 1st grade teacher, so they both like my lapses of memory ~Judy

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics