Username Post: How to print song lyrics onto specialty paper        (Topic#1580423)
New Kid On the Block

Hi everyone,
This is my first post on this forum. I'm currently making a scrapbook for my girlfriend. One of the pages is going to be about when we went to a concert from a band we both really like. I want to have the song lyrics to her favorite song on a 4"x6" specialty paper, but I'm not sure how to do that. I don't have any kind of special printer like a CriCut. Any advice? Does Kinkos or Xerox places do things like this? Thanks for any help ya'll can give me.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-04-12 10:28 AM
In response to Cbarri3

What kind of paper? You may be able to just print it on a standard ink jet printer.

New Kid On the Block
In response to stick

Like stationary or cardstock I guess. I wanted a nice font on paper that would resemble parchment or something similar. I called over to Paper Source and they said they could do it. I have access to a laser printer, but I wasn't sure I could put that kind of paper into the printer. I could change the margins in Microsoft Word to only a 4" width and choose my font that way. Do you think I could use that type of paper on a regular laser printer? Thanks.

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 09-04-12 11:41 AM
In response to Cbarri3

I've printed on card stock and I have a regular old HP printer.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-04-12 11:58 AM
In response to Lunie

Yes, a lot of regular cardstock and stationery (text-weight) papers can be run through either an ink-jet or laser printer. However you may get better results if you get paper specifically made for laser use, as laser printing is a high-heat process. You may or may not be able to buy single sheets of paper, I don't know, but you can probably find a pack of 25 or 50 sheets (and you may want more of this same paper to print other lyrics or journalling bits on for your scrapbook ).

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Cbarri3

as long as your paper is compatible with your printer (it should say on the box) and as long as you change the print setting (on the print dialog on the computer) to the type of paper you are using. you can use transparencies or vellum or cardstock or textured cardstock or photo paper or whatever. give it a test run for sure.

Diva
In response to OlesyaK.

I have the same issue. I want to print the lyrics of a wedding song, and this site provided me with some ideas. Thanks!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics