Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Organize? Your Paper??        (Topic#1580459)
GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-06-12 05:56 AM

I have just been reading the current paper organization thread and had to start laughing at myself.
Organization for me is a very fluid sort of thing.
The ultimate is to have all my pps in one spot and cardstock in another etc.
oh a big Artbin for scraps of cs.
I do keep some groups of pp (eg all of a G45 paper) together in large storage bags with the rest of the paper.

Please tell me that someone else out there is like this. I can't be the only one?
Can I?

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to GMFTS

No, you aren't the only one out there. I don't even have all my pp in one area! Isn't serious organization a form of OCD???

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-06-12 07:14 AM
In response to t-scraps

Most definitely.

A couple of weeks ago a while we were scrapping one of my friend mentioned my "a*al-ocity".
I cracked up - that is one thing I have never been accused of before.

Messy Mary is what I get called.
Or Ah-duh-duh

but not that or OCD or anything similar.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to GMFTS

If I organize my junk, I can't find anything. But I do know where everything is in my mess.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Lunareclipse

actually, I find paper the easiest thing to organize ... it's all the other cr@p that is a pain to organize

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-06-12 08:32 AM
In response to madmatter

I like to think of what I do as 'loose' organization - you know as in, the pack of wild dogs got loose and ran through here.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to GMFTS

I'm pretty loose about organization LOL. I do have all my pp's in one place, organized loosely by theme (which means I have to look through thousands of pages to find ONE that has flowers on it in the "feminine" pile),,,,,,,,,but I DO have my plain cs in one place organized by ROYGBIV order and my pps in another place LOL

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to CommaHolly

I actually enjoy orgainizing my scrap stuff. Its kind of relaxing and therepudic for me and I like being able to put my hand on anything I want.

At first I didn't organize it and when it wasn't organized, I wasn't using it.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Henri Jean

For me organization is something I do ALL THE TIME...INSTEAD OF ACTUALLY SCRAPPING!!! LOL. "As soon as I get this cleaned up/reorganized I can get to work..." is what I've been telling myself for weeks!

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:
I like to think of what I do as 'loose' organization - you know as in, the pack of wild dogs got loose and ran through here.

I can actually use this as an excuse. My dogs' tails knock everything over. It really does looks like a pack of wild dogs ran through my house, probably because they did...

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-06-12 12:42 PM
In response to Lunareclipse

That's great Lunareclipse... may I blame your dogs too?

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-06-12 01:07 PM

• Henri Jean Said:
I actually enjoy orgainizing my scrap stuff. Its kind of relaxing and therepudic for me and I like being able to put my hand on anything I want.

At first I didn't organize it and when it wasn't organized, I wasn't using it.

I do have my stash organized to a point I am comfortable with and which allows me to keep in touch with my goodies.
However I can't/don't keep everything color coded or subgrouped. My paints are with the paints and inks with the inks and journaling spots with journaling spots etc.

Since I have my new scrap area and have been able to spread out my storage it is much easier and I do find myself using things that I would have forgotten before.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to GMFTS

I don't have things color coded or subgrouped either. My glitters are with the glitters, diestress inks with distress inks, etc.

We have a spare bedroom that is part scrap and part home office and anything out of place just looks like clutter so I have to be carefull to keep it organized and put things away or it looks bad.

Would love to close the garage in and make a huge office/scrap room out of it.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan

me, mine is just in one big container apart from a few collections which I keep together.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-06-12 04:38 PM
In response to SuperAllyFan

• SuperAllyFan Said:
me, mine is just in one big container apart from a few collections which I keep together.

That's it - way to go Ally!

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 09-06-12 06:51 PM
In response to GMFTS

I had everything under control up until a couple of months ago when the UPS guy started leaving me packages of scrappy stuff on my doorstep.

Lunie

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Lunie

d@mn those annoying UPS guys

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to Lunie

I want a UPS man who leaves me scrappy goodness!!!!!

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to res19s2d

I'm organized that has always been me. But when I'm in the middle of crafting it's a BIG mess!! My best projects seem to come from my biggest messes!!

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 09-07-12 03:47 AM
In response to res19s2d

• res19s2d Said:
I'm organized that has always been me. But when I'm in the middle of crafting it's a BIG mess!! My best projects seem to come from my biggest messes!!

I don't think it counts as a mess while your playing in it

Lunie

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics