Username Post: Giving credit...        (Topic#1580837)
Booknook200
Expert
Booknook200

I'm doing a halloween layout and I saw a cute one in the gallery, and I'm using bits and pieces of their ideas, how can I properly give credit to the original scrapbooker that I'm scraplifting from?

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Booknook200

It's nice that you want to give credit but bear in mind that if you're only using parts of their design it's not really a 'scraplift' (a complete copy) more 'inspired by' which is what a lot of us do all the time, whether it's consciously or not. I'm not looking to split hairs, just to clarify

I would suggest you could mention the artist/title of their page in your description if you want to or even sent them a PM which I'm sure they'd be pleased to receive.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Booknook200

Did you save the one in your Gallery to your Favourites? I would copy the URL from their LO and then include it in the Description when you post yours. I would also leave a comment on theirs saying that you love it so much that you are lifting it. That should be enough.

Diva
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I don't copy everything from just one layout. Most of the time, I just mix and match. Never used sketches and when I am scrapbooking never look back to see if I remember the way it was. Just whatever I feel is right and pretty.

Booknook200
Expert
Booknook200
In response to bayamonesa1

Thank you! I will post the link and write a little something on their gallery page. Thanks for the clarification too, it makes more sense that way, lol.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to RedSquirrel UK

• RedSquirrel Said:
Did you save the one in your Gallery to your Favourites? I would copy the URL from their LO and then include it in the Description when you post yours. I would also leave a comment on theirs saying that you love it so much that you are lifting it. That should be enough.

This is what I do.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
  • RedSquirrel Said:

This is what I do.

I like this idea!! you can see them side by side, then? -Chris

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics