Username Post: TH Distress ink color?        (Topic#1581341)
Resident

Hi ladies,

I know some of you have all the TH distress ink colors and thought you could give me your opinion. I only have 6-7 of the inks and they are the browns.

I am looking for the ink that would match a royal blue cardstock. I am using it to edge white cardstock. I see several blues but the tones do not seem to match...they look too dark or too aqua...does one exist to match the royal blue color? If not a distess ink, what about a chalk?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Trish

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 10-02-12 07:20 PM
In response to stvmom2

I love the faded jeans. It's not aqua tinted at all. I don't think it's too dark or too light. Not sure if it's exactly royal blue... but it sure is nice. I think anyone would love the color, if you are ordering ink, you could just throw that one in your cart too

Lunie

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to stvmom2

I think the Chipped Sapphire is the one you would want. I also like the Snow on dark blue, which is paint.

Resident
In response to CrimsonMama

Thanks for your suggestions!

Lunie-I thought the faded jeans was a great color. Not sure it will work with this particular LO but I am going to toss it into my cart. LOL!

CrimsonMama-The chipped sapphire may work..I do not think I have seen that color before. I also like the white paint. I have been wanting to but the paints...I think I will give it a try.

Thanks!!

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 10-03-12 03:25 AM
In response to stvmom2

• stvmom2 Said:
Thanks for your suggestions!

Lunie-I thought the faded jeans was a great color. Not sure it will work with this particular LO but I am going to toss it into my cart. LOL!

CrimsonMama-The chipped sapphire may work..I do not think I have seen that color before. I also like the white paint. I have been wanting to but the paints...I think I will give it a try.

Thanks!!

You are going to love it. It just goes with everything

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Lunie

I was going to suggest Chipped Sapphire as well.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Manda_K

I have Faded Jeans and use it a lot

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Here Kitty

I also use Faded Jeans a lot, it is prob my "most used" blue.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Manda_K

Just want to put this bug in your ear! The distress markers also are in all the same colors as the distress ink's & can be used in the same way. PLUS markers are about 1/2 the cost so if you wanted to just "try" some out that might be an option for you? I will look to see if I have any diffrent shades (then the browns) that I could donate to you!

Resident
In response to Sassie

Sassie, the pens are a terrific idea. I have never used them but maybe I will try a few out....did not even think about the pens. Thanks for the idea! The suggestion of a donation was very, very sweet!

I did go to HL yesterday and I bought the Chipped Sapphire. I also wanted the Faded Jeans but the TH selection at my HL is limited and they did not have it. Will put that in my next order from here..LOL

Anyway, the Chipped Sapphire worked very well with my layout and it is now almost finished. I love it! Thanks so much for the suggestions.

Trish

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to stvmom2

Dont forget to show us when its done PM me your address I can send you a couple pens Ive found.

Diva
In response to Sassie

FAded Jeans may work.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to bayamonesa1

I know I'm late to the party, and what I'm about to suggest wouldn't even go with the kind of blue you're looking for, BUT have you guys seen Salty Ocean?!?!?!?!?!

It is my very favorite blue right now!!

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Kim222

I find it upseting that his LE seasonal is now going to be everyday colors. I thought our sets were going to be special but oooo no! Couldnt be that Booo tim, im mad at you right now

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Sassie

Oh I'm not mad I'm glad we can get the refills now I use my Salty ocean all the time.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Sneezy1956

they always had the ink refill's - We paid more for sesonal ones when they came out. Because were lead to believe something that he made only limited numbers of

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics