Username Post: what is this & how do I use it?        (Topic#1581491)
Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards

I don't how meaning thing I have and don't know what to do with it!!!! sound like something to talk about!!!! tell us what it is well see if someone can tell what to do with it LOL OK I'll start what this how can I use it?
Products Referenced in This Post:

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Kathy Edwards

Hi Kathy, I do not know about this one. I think this is a great topic idea.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to anda11

I have no idea???!!!!!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to binkiemonstermom

"Press the button to pick up/release disposable pom poms, small objects, etc."

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to aquabunny

Looks like a mini head scratcher.......lol

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Debbie2006

it's a 'mini grabber' used to pick up small objects like brads, eyelets, pom poms etc out of your stash

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 10-05-12 06:53 PM
In response to Just G

This tool is commonly used in the jewelry industry - it's basically a 3-pronged tweezer. It's good for picking up and viewing gemstones because it doesn't matter what shape the stone is, the tool will grab it, and it holds it without you having to squeeze the tool like with tweezers. However it doesn't give you a lot of control over precise placement when you release whatever item you're holding, so I think the application it was sold for here was not well thought out.

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to stick

yup!!!!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to stick

I agree with Stick...it is used to pick up items...However, the company that makes this, Pebbles, makes "chalk inks" and as a previous poster said, you pick up the cotton "pompom" , stir it around in the chalk ink and apply to your paper....no release needed.
The pompoms are quite small and you swirl them to chalk up your embellishment, stamp etc...You generally use a different pompom for each colour of chalk....IYKWIM?

Alison

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 10-05-12 08:24 PM
In response to kiyawinn

So it's intended to be an an ink dauber? My thought is why not just use a q-tip instead, or a cotton ball, but I guess that wouldn't be much of a money-maker for them.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to stick

I have a cheapie version of the tool and use it often for holding little rhinestones to put glue on the bottoms, then putting them in place. I have no trouble with placement. I've also used it with my Pebbles chalks. The chalks come with three sizes of balls for each of the colors plus a pincher to hold the balls, but I like this little tool better for the tiny balls. Hubby picked the tool up when he was wandering around J's and I used it to humor him, then found out how useful it really was~Judy

(Oh, and the pom pom balls for the chalks are firm, so they rub harder and more precise than a regular cotton ball. I use my chalks all the time since I'm messy and they can be erased, but ink-distressing tends to make a permanent mess for me )

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to mrsdriver5

Well, as a mom of a little boy, I'd use it to pick toys, jewelry, etc out of the sink drain!! BWAHAHA!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Juansmom

I had one years ago for computer work - picking up small screws and such, too.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Megan - ForumTech

I have one that I use for the little pom poms I got to use with the chalks. My DGS decided that he needed it for his chalks so it went into his scrapbook drawer.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to prittb

I am very impressed by the responses, because I couldn't even tell what the question was.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics