Username Post: Cat hair stamp?        (Topic#1581543)
Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P

I am working on a scrapbook of my cat. I have a cute cat stamp but was wondering if a stamp exists that would enable me to add a hair-like texture. I keep going back thinking about somehow using a paintbrush but don't know where I am going with that idea. Just something to get a texture of cat hair. I can see applying this to other projects too...

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Trina_P

This would be a different texture than actual fur, but I enjoyed using flocking powder in my rabbit's scrapbook.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to aquabunny

I have real cat hiar if you want some. My cats shed constantly. My clothes probably look like how you want your scrapbook to look.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Lunareclipse

I've never seen one that is just a hair texture. I have a cat stamp that has the hair drawn in on it. I guess you could mask it and use it for the stamp you already have. However, I'd just use copics. Then again, "use copics!" is pretty much my answer for everything. LOL.

Suzanne Dean has good tutorials on her blog about using copics to make a fur texture. Here's her video on youtube for coloring fur: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYfhiSOxfLI

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to Lunareclipse

• Lunareclipse Said:
I have real cat hiar if you want some. My cats shed constantly. My clothes probably look like how you want your scrapbook to look.

BWHAHAHA! *roll*thump*

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to meezerpleaser

My husband is an artist but I try to avoid asking him things like that but I may have to give in and solicit his help.

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to meezerpleaser

• meezerpleaser Said:
  • Lunareclipse Said:

BWHAHAHA! *roll*thump*

I also have hair from my kitty just in case someone runs out! But wanted to mention that my daughter spins and knits and we saw a program where they make yarn out of cat hair.....hmmmmm

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Debbie2006

• Debbie2006 Said:
  • meezerpleaser Said:
  • Lunareclipse Said:

BWHAHAHA! *roll*thump*

I also have hair from my kitty just in case someone runs out! But wanted to mention that my daughter spins and knits and we saw a program where they make yarn out of cat hair.....hmmmmm

Whoa! I swear we have enough cat hair at my house to furnish an entire yarn store! As it is, I am forever picking cat hairs out of layouts

OP, I have no ideas to offer, but good luck finding something. It's a cute idea!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics