Username Post: Imagine Cricut Cartridges?        (Topic#1581585)
MrsD2008
Veteran
MrsD2008

Can someone please explain to me what exactly you do with an Imagine cartridge? I have the E2 that can accommodate both kinds of cartridges and the Imagine carts are on sale at an on-line store I shop at frequently for $10.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to MrsD2008

The imagine carts are to cut files in color which was with the Imagine?? machine. The E2 will cut them but will not print them (obviously). If you look at a lot of the images, they are NOT worth it if you can't print them. I have a friend that learned the hard way. There are no layers to them because that is where the printing came in, so you basically get the outline of the image. The imagine machine didn't sell well and is discontinued I believe.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to binkiemonstermom

There are layers to the images, but not detailed images just like the regular cartridges. For example, if you cut the owl, you will have the outline of the owl, the feet, beak and eyes but not the iris or pupils of the eye. You basically get the layers you could cut separately if you were using the imagine. I suggest going to CCR so you can see what will cut....here is a video doing a cut using the E2 with an imagine cartridge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-gxMpMAAzA&a mp;feature=...

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to HisGEM

I have noticed the cheaper Imagine carts are usually the pattern ones, which would do us E2 users no good.

MrsD2008
Veteran
MrsD2008
In response to ChansGram

Gotcha! Thanks for the help. I found another cart on sale that I told my husband I just HAVE to have for the camping album--Going Places. It's on sale at the site for $22 and on Amazon for $21.95. Hopefully he put it on my Christmas list!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to MrsD2008

I'm sorry I shouldn't have said no layers, but not as many as it should have, if that makes sense.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to MrsD2008

• MrsD2008 Said:
Gotcha! Thanks for the help. I found another cart on sale that I told my husband I just HAVE to have for the camping album--Going Places. It's on sale at the site for $22 and on Amazon for $21.95. Hopefully he put it on my Christmas list!

I love Going Places; it was one of the first cartridges I bought when I got my Cricut.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics