Username Post: Pen/Marker Storage        (Topic#1581753)
scrappintam
New Kid On the Block
scrappintam

I have quite a collection of markers and pens to use for scrapbooking. I store them now in the "Zig" brand containers, but they are overflowing. Does anyone have any good, visual, and horizontal ideas for storing pens?

Edited by scrappintam on 10-15-12 04:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to scrappintam

I store my markers/pens/pencils in a short, clear glass, square shaped vase that I got at Ikea....
Sits on my desk and holds a ton....
It is about 5 1/2 inches tall and about 3 inches square.

Alison

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to kiyawinn

i have the making memories carousel that holds everything I need all the time including my pens
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Just G on 10-15-12 05:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to Just G

Mine are in an altered plastic beach bucket that my DS brought from school (you can use a tin pail if you want, they're very affordable at oriental trading or even your local dollar store!). I took the handle off, then use my crop-a-dile to make some holes, add some copper round eyelet and put some zebra print ribbon through it and made a cute little bow. The ribbon I used even match the chair in my scrap corner. Cheap and practical!!

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006

• scrappintam Said:
I have quite a collection of markers and pens to use for scrapbooking. I store them now in the "Zig" brand containers, but they are overflowing. Does anyone have any good, visual, and horizontal ideas for storing pens?

I have seen an idea I always liked....someone took a wine bottle holder and put cups in the bottle circles. I hope that makes sense! I have my additional pens in a cup horizontally stuck in a slot in my scrap box.

Seaside Dreams
Veteran
Seaside Dreams
In response to Debbie2006

My most used pens are in a wooden cigar box type container that sits on my desk. I keep other, less-used pens in acrylic pen holders I got at Office Max years ago in an antique bread box that sits under my hutch.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Seaside Dreams

I've seen the wind rack storage and am on the lookout for a rack like that.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to NMlady

Heck I also just use the mason jars my pasta sauces come in LOL

nicy 
Tenant
  • nicy on 10-16-12 06:29 AM

Advice from this forum was to store all pens and markers horizontally. So, I have mine in drawers in those white drawer separators you can buy at Big box store Wally's. I would prefer to store them vertically and have some that way and the ink is NOT flowing. So, those that are vertical are going to be changed to horizontal. But the drawer separators are in the kitchen section at Wallys.

Hope this helps.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to nicy

I have mine in those plastic boxes you used to buy for beanies.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to prittb

Mine are stored in a giant Chock Full of Nuts coffee can. I need to do somthing to it to make it look less like a coffee can and more like something a crafter would want to put markers in though...

PokeyMom
Pro
PokeyMom

These ideas are from the sb.com galleries. You can do a search for pen/pencil/marker storage and see more.

Wine rack with rolled paper:
Wine rack By Bordermix

I have also seen the wine rack with dollar store tumblers instead of the rolled paper. Example

This gal recycled Crystal Light containers and decorated, stacked and glued them.

Some people just use those small stacking draws.

Here is one actually built with dollar store tumblers!

Hope you can get a few good ideas from these.
Good luck.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to PokeyMom

This is how I store my Copics...

Copic Storage By DittoBabyGirl

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Love that last one.

I use mason jars, and had them 3-d zotted together, but this summer when the basement got cold, they came apart. I need to either find a way to glue them together permanently or another holder. I lay my horizontal so the ink last longer and doesn't dry at the wrong end.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to TJCraftyWitch

I've seen ppl use mug trees and coffee mugs to store markets. You could do a lot with a cheap one found at a thrift store, paint it, wrap with washi tape or ribbon etc, and use eclectic mugs or all matching.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to ScrappyMama6

I made this a while back to store my markers and love it! It holds a lot. I just took empty Crystal Light containers and covered them with pretty papers and ribbon and then glued them together. I think the new CL containers are square now but would probably work just as good. I've seen people also do this with other types of tubed containers. You can let your imagination go and have some fun with this project.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics