Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: tiny eyelet thingy        (Topic#1581847)
Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

I ordered some eyelets and when I got them, they were tiny. My eyelet punch thingy is much too big for them. Where can I get an eyelet punch thingy for tiny eyelets?

Edited by Lunareclipse on 10-18-12 11:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Lunareclipse

like how tiny, exactly?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Here Kitty

I have a Crop-O-Dile and I haven't found an eyelet to tiny for it yet. I've used some that were pretty tiny but don't know how they compare to your eyelets.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Henri Jean

My Making Memories tool kit came with setters for eyelets 1/16, 1/8, and 3/16, and you can also buy just the eyelet setting stuff separately.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to aquabunny

I guess I will have to order one of those then. All of them are either 1/16 or 1/8 of an inch. My eyelet punch thingy just smashes them. It's too big.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

What kind of setter do you have?

I have the MM universal eyelet setter that Aquabunny linked. It has different sized tips.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to Bxr-Linda

I have an eyelet setter for 3/16 inch. I ordered a cropadile today. It should come later this week or next week a assume.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

I have to giggle at the title

Just a heads up on the the Cropodile. You do not need to squeeze hard to set your eyelet. A gentle squeeze will do it. A hard squeeze will squish the eyelet. Practice with some scraps when you first use it. I love my Cropodile. It was one of my best purchases.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
I have to giggle at the title

Just a heads up on the the Cropodile. You do not need to squeeze hard to set your eyelet. A gentle squeeze will do it. A hard squeeze will squish the eyelet. Practice with some scraps when you first use it. I love my Cropodile. It was one of my best purchases.

Ok, thank you. Can you use your cropodile with eyelets that have different shapes, or do they have to be round?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

I think you can use the cropodile on different shapes as long as the center hole is circular. I have a variety of shapes and designs and I use my cropodile to set them.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Luvmyfam

I love my Crop-o-dile too and Jen is right. If you push too hard it flattens it too much and the pain on them chips.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to Henri Jean

So only squeeze a tiny bit?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

Like luvmyfam said, play around with it using some scraps. You'll get a feel for it.

New Kid On the Block
In response to aquabunny

I have used a hammer and a Phillips head screwdriver on the weeeeeeee ones. (That's the head that has a star shaped thingy on the end lol)

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to kiwifarmer

• kiwifarmer Said:
I have used a hammer and a Phillips head screwdriver on the weeeeeeee ones. (That's the head that has a star shaped thingy on the end lol)

his is a good tip to know. I do have some that are ridiculously small. If the cropodile I ordered doesn't work for them, I was going to pitch them. But I will your screwdriver method.

meela
meela 
Resident
meela
  • meela on 10-21-12 06:11 PM

You will love your cropadile, they are so handy. Different eyelets, even if the same size might be harder or easier to squeeze. Do a test eyelet first, you will be glad you did. I have found out the hard way that not all eyelets are made out of the same kind of metal and some are really easy to squeeze and just take a smidge of pressure, while others need a bit firmer squeeze. Have fun!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

• Lunareclipse Said:
So only squeeze a tiny bit?

Yes, this. But practice with some scraps first.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

• Lunareclipse Said:
  • kiwifarmer Said:

his is a good tip to know. I do have some that are ridiculously small. If the cropodile I ordered doesn't work for them, I was going to pitch them. But I will your screwdriver method.

Argh, no, don't ever pitch perfectly good supplies just because they don't fit your needs, there is always somewhere to donate them or someone on here who would be happy to have them.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
  • Lunareclipse Said:
  • kiwifarmer Said:

Argh, no, don't ever pitch perfectly good supplies just because they don't fit your needs, there is always somewhere to donate them or someone on here who would be happy to have them.

Ok. I s ther a link where I can post them?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

Right now the Freecycle-style thread in the swaps area is on hiatus, but it involves sending unwanted or excess supplies to the hostess, which others can then request up to four items a month from the list of donated items.

But I mean also, ask around - see if there are school or church or community groups that can use craft supplies (even if you are not necessarily involved with the group); see if your local scrapbook store holds garage sales. If you use actual Freecycle, post unwanted craft supplies there. There are so many better options than just pitching stuff.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics