Username Post: Thinking about Next All Weekend Crop...        (Topic#1581907)
scrappy_girl77
Tenant
scrappy_girl77

Hi ladies! Crop dates are already coming out for 2013 for some of the weekend crops I go to! At the last minute, I always think to myself - is there something (other than a pillow), I can take to put on those hotel conference room chairs to make it more comfortable for the weekend? Has anyone found anything? AND any thoughts on must pack items other than your standard scrapbook supplies!!!

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to scrappy_girl77

My must have is my iPod (with ear buds of course!) I normally go to them by myself, and the music choice isnt what I prefer to scrap too....I cant STAND hard core rap! So, I take my iPod and scrap away to what I normally listen to at home!

scrappy_girl77
Tenant
scrappy_girl77
In response to m.perk

• m.perk Said:
My must have is my iPod (with ear buds of course!) I normally go to them by myself, and the music choice isnt what I prefer to scrap too....I cant STAND hard core rap! So, I take my iPod and scrap away to what I normally listen to at home!

LOL...I have never been to a crop with hard core rap! But, I agree on having your own music!!

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk

• scrappy_girl77 Said:
  • m.perk Said:

LOL...I have never been to a crop with hard core rap! But, I agree on having your own music!!

Unfortunately, the weekend retreat I go too, the gals who run it say that any music is okay...we can all take turns hooking our iPods up to their system. If certain types of music come on, they will immediately unplug it and put on THEIR music...which is always rap. Kind of erks me as we are the ones paying a lot of money to scrapbook. I still am undecided if I am going to go back to their retreats....kind of stinks!

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to m.perk

Yes on the IPod. I also take my comfy clothes, my Tervis Tumbler, my small cooler with my favorite drinks, and I always have M&M's(plain). Hope you have fun!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to lifethroughalens

For the seat, could you use one of those sports chair cushions, like they sell for bleachers and such? You can get them at Dicks Sporting Goods, or another sporting goods store. I like to take different types of projects too, like images to color for cards, scrapbooking stuff, calendars, stick pin making stuff, etc. My friend makes mini albums.

Make some address labels on your computer that also have your phone number on them. Good for raffles or just putting your information in the visitor's book for any vendors.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to siameseplease

I just posted this on another post asking about crops. I take my shoe rack to crop to get more space on my table!!!

http://3monkeysthrowingar oundsomepaper.blogspot.com/201...

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to binkiemonstermom

1. extension cord and/or power strip (and maybe duct tape to tape to the floor so no one trips)

2. good lighting for yourself

3. spare change

4. asprin

5. slippers or comfortable shoes!!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Fargomutt

If you find a cure for those chairs let me know....something I'm taking next time is a fan. Everyone always seems to be cold so they turn up the heat and I'm always hot so from now on even in the winter I'm taking shorts and a fan.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Sneezy1956

I bring a lumbar support pillow for my back

not a fan of earplugs and personal music ... if I can't have a conversation with my crop neighbor cause they're plugged in, I might as well just scrap at home (though I might feel differently if I was forced to listen to rap for a weekend)

ajsophios62
Diva
ajsophios62

If you've got the space take your own chair. I'm not so tall so most chairs are a bit low for me. But we take a van when we go to retreats so we can take everything. LOL

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics