Username Post: Titling Help        (Topic#1581933)
New Kid On the Block

Hi

I need help on a title for a page. Right now I have 2 pages in the same situation, and these are 1st 2 I have come across like this.

There is a picture of my 2 kids with my sisters 2 kids and it's at the open house for my nephews graduation. I am trying to title it and for the life of me have no idea what to do when the "event" is not about the person that the page is for. I can't really do "Con GRAD ulations"? Or can I?

What would you do???

I have another page, with the same situation, so I thought I would ask what others do or would do in a situation like this.

Thank you for your help.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to callalillie13

I don't think every page needs a title. That said: are you doing any journaling on the page that tells where the picture was taken?

If so generic title work:

Family Fun
Celebrate
Family of the Grad

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 10-21-12 04:33 PM
In response to Sunnydi

I would try to take something from the photos. Like the kids names: Sally & Ben & Amy & Joshua. Or maybe something like "All Dressed Up" and you could do a subtitle like "at Ian's graduation."

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to stick

I'd probably title it, "Celebrating with John" or "John's Big Day" or something like that. And no, not every page needs a title. And yes, you can title it "Con GRAD ulations" if you want to. No rules! Whatever you like is correct.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to cindy312

I probably would title it based on the picture itself (i.e. kissing cousins) as opposed to the event, and then in the journaling (or just as a small embellie on the page) mention the when and where the pic was taken

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 10-22-12 03:23 AM
In response to madmatter

Is the graduate in the photo? If so, then sure anything to do with graduation (ie your title suggestion) would be great. Otherwise I would use something generic like Celebration. I do usually title my pages, but not always. Sometimes I use journaling cards that have a little title or saying on them as my page title.

ajsophios62
Diva
ajsophios62
In response to callalillie13

Have you finsihed your LO's yet. Maybe you could put a photo up if it's still not titled. Someone might have a good suggestion for you. I like your idea of Con GRAD ulations.

Edited by ajsophios62 on 10-29-12 10:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics