Username Post: Bottle caps        (Topic#1582049)
Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

Someone gave me some bottle caps and told me they were good for scrapbooking. They said if I want anymore, they have a whole 5 gallon bucket of them I could have. What are things I can do with bottle caps in scrapbooking???

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Lunareclipse

I've primarily used them for layouts that were actually about soda or soda caps. But outside of that, they are also great if you have a 1-inch circle punch to punch out shapes or letters, which fit perfectly inside them. I used to flatten them using a sledge-hammer, but now I use my Sizzix Big Shot.

Here's one where I used them thematically (the page is about a sculpture made primarily of bottle caps):

Washington DC 2012 - Page 25 - Bottle Cap Giraffe. By Aquabunny

And I've used them several times for embellishments in page kits (in the first photo, the two items in the upper left photo; in the second photo, at the corner of the silver frame in the lower right):

Leap Year Kit for February Kit Swap - Embellishments 2 By Aquabunny

Baseball Kit for March Kit Swap By Aquabunny

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to aquabunny

I am going to pm you

Edited by terrihooper on 10-25-12 11:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to terrihooper

Can I spraypaint the bottlecaps and make them different colors?

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to Lunareclipse

You can spray paint them with a paint designed for metal; otherwise you'd have to prime them first (sounds like too much work to me). After you paint them, you can also use rub-ons on them.

They could also be cute with little letters in or on them to spell out a title on a page about a (grown-up) party, Octoberfest, watching football, or the like. Have fun!

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to GemGirl

I am picking up the 5 gallon bucket today. The dude told me he has several more 5 gallon buckets full and I can have as many as I want any time.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics