Username Post: Blog hop question        (Topic#1582125)
Amarilys
Diva
Amarilys

Just curious, do you do them? What factors do you take in consideration when you do them? Prize? Length? etc

I personally only do them when they are not too long

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Amarilys

I do, and length is certainly a factor. Any more than 8 is tiresome.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to kelseymel

I don't really care for them for the simple fact that they ARE too long. To have to leave comments on everybody's blog when there are a lot on the list is just too much for me personally. How much is too much? Good question. I guess it depends on the day...but more than 10 is definitely too much no matter what day!

simplycrafty
Veteran
simplycrafty
In response to Doreena

I tried to do one that had 17!! It was crazy and some didn't have the right links to go to the other pages.... I don't bother with them!! I am a fan of youtube giveaways!!

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to simplycrafty

I don't do blog hops. It takes too long.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to simplycrafty

• simplycrafty Said:
I tried to do one that had 17!! It was crazy and some didn't have the right links to go to the other pages.... I don't bother with them!! I am a fan of youtube giveaways!!

How do you find youtube giveaway? I never heard of those before.

Amarilys
Diva
Amarilys
In response to Crafting Marfa

thanks ladies for your input!
How about the prize? Does that play a part of whether your finish the hop or just comment on the layouts/projects you liked the most?

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to Amarilys

I have done them but not when they are more then 8 blogs. Otherwise I get bored.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Amarilys

• Amarilys Said:
thanks ladies for your input!
How about the price? Does that play a part of whether your finish the hop or just comment on the layouts/projects you liked the most?

Did you mean prize?
I prefer product to GC and would rather "play" for that. Does that help?
But honestly, I think that the odds of winning the prize is so low if lots of people are participating that I don't even bother!
I know I'm a total "bah-humbug"! Sorry!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to Doreena

I've done some. Honestly, the prize is almost never a real factor. Most that I do are from companies whose products I use. I do them them mainly to see ways to use the new products / get ideas.

As many others said, length is certainly a factor. If I see the list and its long, chances are I'll pass unless its a company where I really love their stuff and know their design team does work I like. If I do a few blogs and the work is not inspiring, I stop.

Chances of winning don't really factor in for me, since as I mentioned, the inspiration is what I'm after, not the prize. That said, if I had to guess I'd say out of roughly 100 hops I've done over the years, I did manage to win 3 small prizes. One was an svg cutting file, one was a set of digi stamps, & the third was a single rubber stamp.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to disneylisa

I don't even know what a blog hop is!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics