Username Post: Feeling extremely blessed        (Topic#1582155)
creater1
Diva
creater1

we had a huge fire in the BLM land behind our house today. I received a phone call and I could not drive home fast enough. I was following all the local TV stations. Pretty scaring when it is right in your own back yard.

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to creater1

Hope they got the fire out quickly and that y'all don't have any damage.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to creater1

Sorry, what is "BLM" land? Glad all is well. We missed major Sandy damage.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Juansmom

I'm glad you are ok and I hope nothing was too damaged....

Alison

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-30-12 07:13 AM
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
Sorry, what is "BLM" land? Glad all is well. We missed major Sandy damage.

Bureau of Land Management

Glad you are o.

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to GMFTS

They had several firefighters at the back of our property and down the property lines of the other neighbors. The fire got approx 10 ft to one home. Thank goodness the wind didn't shift more or we may not have been so lucky.
The fire burned more that 300 acres in a 2 hour time period and it has been fairly wet for the past 2 weeks, I would hate to imagine what it would have been like 3 weeks ago without the moisture to help contain the fire a bit.
We were certainly blessed and so grateful for the excellent team of firefighters.
Blessings go out to those that are in the heavy storm area. I can't imagine the fear that they must be feeling.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to GMFTS

Thanks for the answer!

Fires are scary...how about the 111 houses that burned in Far Rockaway (Long Island)during the hurricane? The field of debris from the storm looks like someone took a giant lawn mower thru the center and left scorched black earth in its wake.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Juansmom

God Bless all who were in Sandy's Path as well as the fires that have been happening this year. We have had continuous rain and snow from Sandy but no damage, I'm right on the ohio/WV boarder. But, didn't get the awful snow. I feel for all that have suffered.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Sneezy1956

Glad you and your home are okay. That was scary close!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics