Username Post: Deployment Scrapbook        (Topic#1582583)
eeeriny
New Kid On the Block
eeeriny

Hello all!

My husband recently left on a deployment and will be gone through thanksgiving, christmas, new years, valentines day and our anniversary. I want to send him scrapbooks in his care packages so he can stay filled in on whats happening at home. My question is, has anyone made books like this before and if so, would you mind sharing some page ideas? Thanks in advance!

Erin

rubymillerand
Guru
rubymillerand
In response to eeeriny

best of luck to him and your family. thank him for his service. One idea would be to get one of those mini photo albums from the dollar store that just takes 4x6 pics and make a small book that he can keep in his bag. On one page you could put a pic and a title or some small embellishment (nothing too bulky or heavy) and then on the page across from it, you could do your journaling and tell him what's been going on or what you did for the holiday or just tell him how much you miss him, etc.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to rubymillerand

I would definitely recommend & encourage smaller type projects or items. Thinner type mini albums, small journals, a personalized pillowcase, a shirt sprayed with your perfume & lots of letters (which you could include pics). Not only do their packs weigh a ton, but upon return, whatever they cannot carry, will need to be mailed back stateside in their military cargo trunks/footlockers.

I made individual 12x12 albums for each deployment. Once my husband returned, I included all the notes, referred to our journals, included his deployment & homecoming pics, etc.

Hope That Helps!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

p.s. While on the topic of military/deployment projects, Memories in Uniform has a great line of products.

If you happen to have a Cricut...Stand & Salute is a great cart.

Most likely, anything keyword military or patriotic in the Superstore & you're bound to find tons more!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to KellyCali

I agree with the great suggestions you have already received. My husband wasn't military, but he went to Iraq as a firefighter to assist. I made him a small accordion album that fit in a tin. He liked it because it was lightweight and the tin protected it from damage. Just an idea!

Many thanks to your husband for his dedication, service and sacrifice, and thanks to you, too!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics