Username Post: RITA'S MESSSAGES CAME TO ME        (Topic#1582611)
dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

I had a bunch (9) messages directed to "Rita" in my PM file this morning. All of them referencing that they would miss her. I don't know how that many people would have gotten to my PM site instead of hers - must have been a glitch of some sort. Anyway, just wanted you to know that if you PM'd Rita she didn't get your message.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to dwelch

I had that too, with a bunch of people all deleting the same message. Really, I don't need a message that someone is deleting an old message. AND, it's not only in your PM but you get and email each time too which is crazy. I think I have a new PM but it's someone or a bunch of folks deleting a old PM.

Would everyone not be fine with that being changed on this site? No big deal but I already get a lot of junk email.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to CrimsonMama

Vicki - you can change it so you don't get the emails. I adjusted my settings so I do not get email when there is a new message.

I am here a couple times a day and it alerts me and tells me I have a new message.

There is also a notification when I open this site and is always at the top of the page when there is email - I think it looks like an envelope to let us know if there are unread pms so I don't see any point in having the email notification too.

I don't see the little envelope very often becuase when he gives me a pop up telling me I have an PM I go over there immediately.

However.. I agree - totally wish they would do away with sending a pm to let someone know you are cleaning old messages out of your mailbox.

I hate it when I get a pop up that there is new pm only to go into it and find out that someone is cleaning out their email box. What is the point of that? To me that is a giant time waster.

If someone actually finds that useful, please tell me - maybe, like Vicki, I'm missing something. I have pms that are years old and I don't delete them becuase I hate those little notices they send to let everyone know I deleted their messages or that "I'm no longer participating in the conversation."

As far as I'm concerned - get rid of that feature!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Henri Jean

Agreed!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to ChansGram

Absolutely! I hate getting those messages, and I rarely delete just for that reason. As a result, my PM box has many messages that I no longer need. Especially when you have many from the same person - I know they don't want their mail box full of "I deleted that old message" comments.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dwelch

Wonder if scrapbook.com knows how we all feel? Maybe someone should start a thread here because I don't know of anyone who thinks its a good idea.

Hey Megan - where are you?

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

Maybe we need a get rid of old PM's message day that everyone does it. If we all did it on the same day it wouldn't happen over and over.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to 950nancy

That's a good idea!

But if nobody likes the system where it sends a pm to tell you I am cleaning out our pm messages, then why don't they just get rid of it.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

I'm here.

It's coded into the system. It's not as simple as pushing a button....the development guys would need to rewrite it.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Megan - ForumTech

That's what I figured. Well, it's something to consider when you are ready to make changes. Thanks for responding Megan.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to CrimsonMama

C'mon. Give us a bit of credit, guys. Is there anything that IS as simple as pushing a button, that we *haven't* done for you? And even a fair amount of rewrites, updates, and changes?

In light of that, I'm finding this whole thing a bit...yeah.

Diva

I like the suggestion on how to delete them. Thanks!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to bayamonesa1

Hey, I have an idea! You can delete that comment and replace it with your own before you actually press the delete button. Why don't we all just replace the standard comment with a joke-of-the-day! Then at least we'd get a chuckle out of those deleted messages. Also, do remember that you don't have to delete them one at a time, you can check several and only have to actually do the delete process once.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to dwelch

That's a great idea, then everyone wouldn't feel so bad about sending out that standard message and it would be something to look forward to.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
Hey, I have an idea! You can delete that comment and replace it with your own before you actually press the delete button. Why don't we all just replace the standard comment with a joke-of-the-day! Then at least we'd get a chuckle out of those deleted messages. Also, do remember that you don't have to delete them one at a time, you can check several and only have to actually do the delete process once.

"joke of the day"....... that's a good idea.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sunnydi

I can see why it would be a pain to rewrite - maybe next time revisions are being made.

I delete 10 or 20 at once too, but I hate doing it. I just feel so rude. I sometimes go in and change the message but that gets tiring.

I'm just glad we have the scrapboards and I love them, but if they ever decide to rewrite and change something - I'd put that way up on the list!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

I love the "joke of the day" idea! I think that's brilliant. I shall do that now. I need to think of a few jokes!

Yes that message is annoying and pointless, but if it's the worst thing we have to complain about on this site then we're sitting pretty, I think.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I agree. It's annoying but if its the worst we have to complain about - then life is good.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper

• Megan - ForumTech Said:
C'mon. Give us a bit of credit, guys. Is there anything that IS as simple as pushing a button, that we *haven't* done for you? And even a fair amount of rewrites, updates, and changes?

In light of that, I'm finding this whole thing a bit...yeah.

LOL. Megan then you would be called George Jetson wouldn't you??? Thanks for the response.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to catzscrapper

Heh. Space flight? I'm still waiting for my cape.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics