Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: So Friday is supposed to be my scrapping day...        (Topic#1582727)
mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5

my daughter and hubby both tell me this. What I want to know is does spending the day cleaning up the scrapping area count as scrapbooking I know...no one made me do it, but since I was about out of room to do anything, it was time to do a good clean-up. I thought I was cleaning up after each page, but obviously a few items (like enough to fill half a Mike's aisle) somehow got left out.

All my acrylic stamps are re-organized. My box of junk-scraps is re-organized. Some of the embellies are re-organized into another storage case so I can hopefully now find them and actually use them! My tabletop is spiffy...and my day is almost over

Tonight is our at-home date night, so before long hubby will be ready to get our take-out chinese and come back home to watch a netflix movie. Maybe tomorrow I can scrap...but I have other things to get done and unfortunately, Saturday isn't my designated scrapping day.

I did get a chance to scrap some this past Wednesday, so at least I didn't completely miss out, but I was hoping for two days! You'd think with no kids at home, retired, and basically free to do what I want, I could find more sb'ing time.

How about you? Do you have "designated scrapping times" that usually end out becoming something else?~Judy

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to mrsdriver5

I don't have designated times. I scrap when I can and as the kids get older this is becoming more and more!

I have every other Friday off so I try to scrap on that day.
And my hubby works on Saturdays so I generally scrap on Saturdays.
My kids are at the age where they don't really need me so they do their thing and I do mine!
When everyone is home and I scrap...
my family is really good about not really bothering me when I scrap.

Sorry you didn't get your scrappy time...

Edited by Doreena on 11-16-12 06:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Always.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Luvmyfam

I normally scrap on Saturdays. I do laundry and scrap! But this Saturday I have some running to do and need to come back and put up my Christmas trees.

But getting organized is gonna make your scrappin' go even faster and use more of your products!!!!

Edited by binkiemonstermom on 11-16-12 06:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to binkiemonstermom

i typically try to scrap a page or two after chores in the am... since the girls are in school, most days anyway, that seems to work for me and i get a good 7-14 layouts done a week depending on the week...

meela
meela 
Resident
meela
  • meela on 11-16-12 08:07 PM
In response to flutterbye0419

Congrats on organizing your scrappy supplies! You are going to be able to whip through projects in no time now. I need to organize again, I love the everything tucked in feeling, and being able to find things in jiffy. Hope you get some scrappy time tomorrow!
I try to scrap a bit on the weekends but I have been completely consumed with this extra year long project at work, so many weekends my free time is devoted to working on that project instead of fun things like scrapping. I finish this commitment the end of the month though yay!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 11-16-12 08:54 PM
In response to meela

I'm jealous you have designated time, enjoy it when you have it!!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to stick

I recently organized my scrappy stuff and my scrappy room... and yes I consider that scrappy time. .. cuz in the end. .. it will make scrappy time faster and easier!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Doreena

It's just I thought I already was organized, then between my computer dying & having to set up a new one and then trying to get some other projects done, I guess that behind my back a bunch of my supplies jumped out of their places and lounged around where they don't belong.

Hubby keeps telling me to scrap. It's me I have to do battle with. I always find other things that have to be done first. OK, I'm going to at least work on a few pictures for the next couple of pages~

Hope you all have a good Saturday. It will be my mom's 87th birthday so I'll need to shop and get ready for a family dinner tomorrow night, but maybe I can sneak in a few minutes of scrappy-play time~Judy

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

I used to have that problem. Now for me to scrap, I have to make sure that I am caught up on my school work. I do scrap during the week when I need to take a break from school work. I love having a craftroom to escape to.

Glad you got to clean up though. I did that one day, went to go scrap and spent two hours cleaning and organizing stuff..lol.

Veteran
In response to TJCraftyWitch

Sunday afternoons have kind of turned into my scrapbooking time. We also go to our camper at the lake in the summer and I like to bring a box of supplies and do a few projects there.....so relaxing!

teresa0817
Expert
teresa0817
In response to brightbeginnings

I get up at 5:00 on Sat & Sun to scrap. That's when I do my best work. LOL... I LOVE it to be quiet in the house also. I usually get a good 4 to 5 hours each morning. This equils to about 2 LO's a week. This works for really good for me since I am a early bird.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to teresa0817

I didn't get a chance to do any scrapping this weekend and I am so disappointed because I wanted to finish prepping my December Daily Album. It was my sons birthday today and he turned 14! So the weekend was really all about him. Before I knew it, it's 9 pm on Sunday night and it's to late to start at that time of night. Congrats on getting your scrappy stuff all organized though!!!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to thehappyscrapper8

I'm all organized but still haven't had time to work on a LO. After church we went to my mom's to watch a football game on tv with her, got home to find out hubby's brother died today (it was expected, but still...), and I have a few things that I still need to get done. It's just past 6:30 here, so maybe I'll get a chance to play with paper and glue for a little bit tonight. Probably not, but I can dream~ Judy

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Judy, so sorry to hear bout your brother in law. Prayers for you and your family.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to SherylEb

Thanks Sheryl. Even when it's expected, it's a shock when it really happens. But he's not sick and in pain anymore! Hubby is doing OK right now, but I'm sure it will hit him out of the blue. Rotten time of year for dying~not that anytime is good, but the holidays just have too many memories associated with them~Judy

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 11-18-12 06:48 PM

I've been sick all weekend But I did manage to make parts for the placecards for Thanksgiving - turkeys from a Quickutz die and names with a Spellbinders Banner die and some ink to make them pretty. Thank goodness I only need seven. I'll pick up some chocolates tomorrow, each turkey and nametag will be attached to a box of two chocolates.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
Judy, so sorry to hear bout your brother in law. Prayers for you and your family.

Ditto, Judy...and you are right, no more pain and sickness!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to stick

What a cute idea. I need to quit reading what everyone else makes because I want to make it ALL! We're going to our oldest daughter's for T-Day, but these would be fun to make. I'd only need to make 10 and of course I don't have a turkey or banner die and no candy, but I could find everything except the chocolate on the cameo site. Hmmm...something else to try to get done~Judy

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 11-18-12 06:52 PM
In response to stick

And oh my goodness, so sorry about your BIL, but as you say - he's not in pain anymore, pain is horrible! Many hugs for you and your family.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics