Username Post: Transparencies and spray adhesive        (Topic#1582845)
bbarthej
Expert
bbarthej

I was wondering how you all glue down your transparency/overlays?
Does spray adhesive work? If not, what do you use?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to bbarthej

I haven't tried spray adhesive yet. I use Vellum dots, brads, or eyelets for my transparencies.
Products Referenced in This Post:

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 11-23-12 04:09 PM
In response to Luvmyfam

3M Photo Mount rocks. I also use brads and eyelets a lot. The vellum glue dots have completely failed on me, I have some pages that I have to reglue some things on

bbarthej
Expert
bbarthej
In response to Luvmyfam

I have been using dots also, but I thought I read somewhere that the spray would work. I wanted to see if it really worked before I made the purchase.

Thanks!!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to bbarthej

I have used vellum spray and glue dots--both work ok for me.

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to bbarthej

I have used both, the spray is messy to me and the spray gets clogged after awhile. The dots are pretty good I have no complaints.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to stick

• stick Said:
3M Photo Mount rocks. I also use brads and eyelets a lot. The vellum glue dots have completely failed on me, I have some pages that I have to reglue some things on

Do they 'show'? I use brads or glue dots when I can cover them up with embellishments.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 11-24-12 09:10 PM
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • stick Said:

Do they 'show'? I use brads or glue dots when I can cover them up with embellishments.

The vellum glue dots? No, they don't show, but they also don't stick, in my experience

I've never had problems with Photo Mount clogging. It is a tad messy, any spray is, but just do it outside or in a large box (I use a large heavy plastic bag that our comforter came in) and you're fine.

I also like to use washi tape, just a strip or two like scotch tape.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to stick

When I use a 12 x 12 transparency overlay I do not use any adhesive with it. I just place it over the page and put it in the protector like that and it holds fine within the confines of the protector and stays perfect.

I've used several of them and just placed them on top and put them in the protectors.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics