Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: If you select Products Used in your Gallery Postings....THANK YOU!        (Topic#1582949)
CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Some of the beginners here made me think of this last night....asking questions what to buy.

I've decided on many of items that I wanted to buy and use or techniques to learn, from the LO's posted in the gallery here. When I see something amazing or a collection I like, I tend to save it in my Wish List to mull it over. I also save that LO to my FAVES.

On the otherhand, if it's a LO I like and the artist did NOT list the products used, it sort of frustrates me! LOL!

So THANK YOU if you do. Personally, I do it for myself so I have a record of what I did later on.

Vicki

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 11-28-12 01:20 PM
In response to CrimsonMama

I do it if I can - I don't always remember what I used (sometimes it takes me weeks or even months to finish an LO), and I often use products that aren't in the store here. I'm sure most of us wouldn't mind a PM if you're interested in knowing

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to stick

I'm like Flappers I try to do it

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Sneezy1956

Same here!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Doreena

I actually keep a list as I go so I can record it for myself, I know that's a little anal!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom

I try to, sometimes I forget the brand of paper, or cant locate the punch, or its a CM product or something...but I also find it helpful in the gallery to see what people used, and HOW! I saw someones work, and she used punches together that I NEVER thought would work together!! Her LOs were inspiring! Now to just remember her name...

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Juansmom

I list all my products in the description even if I can't actually link them. I actually started doing it for posting my layouts on Facebook (where I typically post them first), and then copied the descriptions when adding my layouts here (since all my layouts go to Facebook, but only selected ones here).

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Juansmom

I know exactly what you mean! I've noticed punches that I have...used in ways I would never think about! Very inspirational.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

i do try to remember to do it, but most of my scrap supplies aren't in the store, so when I can I include in the description....

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
I list all my products in the description even if I can't actually link them.

Me too!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to cindy312

I try, but I haven't shopped for new goodies in a long time. I've been using bits and pieces from my stash, and remembering where things come from is impossible. When I do know where something comes from, it's no longer available!

But....I get what you are saying, Vicki. I love when people take the time to link or list the products they use.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Luvmyfam

I try to, but mostly the products aren't available any more. I'm not exactly a trendy scrapper. And I am guilty of keeping beautiful things to stroke and smile at instead of actually using - until they are out of production.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 11-29-12 05:19 AM
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I love when people link the products. I am easily enabled! I try to link mine too.

Diva
In response to IzzyB

I have a wish list of things that I like but most of the time the coupons from Michaels and JoANn and HL make me get things on the spot. Local Srapbooking stores offer me specialty products so I don't have to wait for delivery.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to bayamonesa1

I"m adding my thank-yous to the voices here!! lots of times i'd buy something for one project or because I like it (dies or papers or blings) and then search it on the store to check out how else did people use it - sometimes finding unexpected and super creative ideas!!! Now if we could only search through the favorites first - i've started adding products I have to the favorites so there's an easy way to look them up. (instead of going - hmm now I remember this was a K&company paper stash but what was the name of the pack?)

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to OlesyaK.

I list products I get elsewhere but isn't it nice when its in the SB.com superstore (even discontinued) and there can be a photo of it? I really love that feature. Very smart of them in selling product. I've made lots of buying decisions that way and I truely think I have not made many (if any) buying mistakes.

Incidentally, here in the forum too if you have a question about a product, you can search it in the superstore to get feedback.

Anyway, I wanted to thank the folks that take the time to do it because it does take time and thought but it is helpful.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 11-29-12 07:05 AM
In response to OlesyaK.

I mentioned the same thing the other day in another thread. I find it very helpful to have that info for all of the reasons mentioned here.

TO all of you who say you don't remember or you got your products elsewhere:
There is a section for other products!!! No excuses ok? ()

Please - if you don't remember for sure or at all just say so...it will save time.

To help me when I am uploading I just keep the lo on the desk next to me...sometimes I even list on the back of the lo the product name or company ...

Roosterhead designs
Mayor
Roosterhead designs
In response to GMFTS

I SO appreciate links or descriptions!! Thanks to all who use them~

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to RedSquirrel UK

• RedSquirrel Said:
I try to, but mostly the products aren't available any more. I'm not exactly a trendy scrapper. And I am guilty of keeping beautiful things to stroke and smile at instead of actually using - until they are out of production.

LOL! "Stroke and smile at"... I totally pictured this! Too funny!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

My problem is I hate packaging so I throw it away and then when I use it I can't remember the name of the product! SOmetimes I get lucky and I remember enough that I can do a search and find it... or it's a product I've used before and I can go back to a previous layout and find the name because of my linking it there...
For the most part I would say I do a pretty good job.
I just wish I could figure out a less time consuming way to keep track on the items before I toss the packaging... I don't need that process to turn into a big project too!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics