Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: More paper...        (Topic#1583015)
Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

For some reason I can't stop buying paper that I will never use...I have a stack of paper a foot tall now and I started scrapping a few months ago. How can paper stack up that fast? And I know there is no way I am ever going to use it all, so why do I feel impelled to buy it? Are all scrapbookers like this?

justmaxine55
Tenant
justmaxine55
In response to Lunareclipse

Most scrapbookers can't resist pretty paper, so you're in good company!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 11-30-12 05:46 PM
In response to justmaxine55

Oh that is what it's all about...there will never be too much paper.

Ok - I know that isn't true in the rest of the world but in Scrapland that's what it's all about.

What do you call a foot high stack of scrap book paper?

A good start.

Just chill and enjoy and scrap.

Cause then you can get more paper.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to GMFTS

you are so right, Mary! i love to see my stack grow, but i love even more seeing the things i can create with all those beautiful papers

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

If they are papers that you do not want to use in your scrapping, you can always make cards. Very easy & uses up that extra paper you have.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

I scrap a lot (goal - 8 pages today, 5 done) and I do not like to stop to go for more paper or supplies so I keep a huge stack of paper on hand - if I stacked it up it would probably be close to 5' of patterned and 3' of cardstock.

I love having that much becuase I scrap every day I'm not out of town - sometimes all day every day for weeks at a time and I always have the perfect paper in my stash. I like that a lot. It is so convenient.

I shop on line a lot between 3 places but only for things I like. What I need to scrap most of the rest of my life is right here!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Henri Jean

Henri, I only just made it to my M's and they were sold out of the atg refills, but they were $9.99 for 2 rolls!!! Not sure how my hubby got them so cheap the last time, even with the coupons they would be close to what you pay with that other site...

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to flutterbye0419

I always go with the motto the more paper the better!!! You can never have to much paper. I love it all, patterned paper, cardstock different sizes. Yes paper makes me very happy!!! Enjoy your paper!

obadiah
Queen
obadiah

And, it just keeps piling up, and up, and up! I FINALLY went through all my papers-have stuff from the 1990's I made an effort (hard thought it was) to ask myself "will I ever use this" Needless to say, I have a mound of paper, embellishments, etc that I KNOW I will never use. Now, what to do with it???? I gave it to a local grade school! They were over joyed! With budgets being cut in the arts it was a great gift. I loved seeing the teachers that were in the office when I deliverd it going through it!

Resident
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:
Oh that is what it's all about...there will never be too much paper.

Ok - I know that isn't true in the rest of the world but in Scrapland that's what it's all about.

What do you call a foot high stack of scrap book paper?

A good start.

I completely agree... its not easy to get rid of the need to buy the pretty paper... lol I probably have 6-7 feet of patterned paper and that is without touching my cardstock both 8 1/2 by 11 and 12 by 12... shoot I have 4 1/2 crates of paper pads... then there is all the individual sheets... oh and i am waiting for an order lol

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to must_love_paper

How do you file way that much paper? Getting my paper out to look through it is now a backbreaking task.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

That's the price for the ATG refills for my Michaels too. I have to find out if the frame shop is now one or two rolls per box and that will make the difference of whether I order from there again. If the price is comparable I'd rather order 24 boxes or 48 rolls at once.

I have mine sorted into themes and then 3 huge bins of misc. patterned paper. I just take out the right pack if I want theme like flowers or holidays.

If I just want a nice paper that looks good I can grab any of the misc. bins and take 5 minutes to find one I like with it. Once I find one I really like with it I quit looking and move on to something else so its not much of a task matching papers to the layout.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

i have this really cool expander thing that my mother in law bought me in 09, so i'm converting it back to paper, i was using it for pics, but now that i'm getting a bigger stash again, i'll be using it for my paper again. that will make it so much easier for me. I'll probably try to find a few more of those and do them by collections, colors, then other patterns will go by color and in a print only expanding file. in fact, i think i might even do one just for holiday theme papers LOL here i go gettign crazy.... then i have smaller ones that i will do my 8.5 by 11 papers, and another one for 8 by 8 and 6 by 6.

Resident
In response to flutterbye0419

I have 4 of the 12x12 plastic 3 drawer storage things from walmart... then I have 3 portable paper carriers and 2 paper racks from a scrapbooking store that closed for 12x12 then I have one rack for 8 1/2 x 11

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl

• Lunareclipse Said:
How do you file way that much paper? Getting my paper out to look through it is now a backbreaking task.

You'll want to break it into categories that make sense to you--by theme, pattern, color, whatever. Base it on how you think when you're looking for something; do you say, "I need some blue here," or do you say, "I need a stripe here"? and go that route.

And, as scrappy addictions, go, at least paper isn't the most expensive one you could have!

Resident
In response to GemGirl

True Story Gem Girl... my most pricey scrappy addictions is die cutter... I have a cameo, a vagabond, and a grand mark and no shortage of cutting files or dies... it would be the most pricey part of my habbit... i mean hobby

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to must_love_paper

I don`t have nearly as much paper as others on here, I don`t think....although, maybe it would be a foot tall if I stacked it all up.
But I NEED that much....some is halloween, some Christmas, some birthday, some kids stuff, some summer themed, winter themed etc...and then there`s all the pretty cs....

Once a year, I purge all my supplies...if I haven`t used it or no longer like it, it gets put in the purge box. Some things I take to our local children`s hospital for crafts, some I give to my friends, some I sell at a LSS garage sale...
I never keep stuff around if it is really old and I haven`t used it or if for some reason, I just don`t like it anymore and don`t think I will use it....
Then, I buy more supplies, yay!

Alison

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to kiyawinn

I always thought that I could never have to much paper....well now I have approx 15 ft of paper in bin stored upright, I think someone side 1" is equal to 100 sheets and maybe half that much at our other place.
I have finally got to a point where I rarely buy paper and I don't mind cutting any of it up and using it. I used to hoard all my awesome paper til I realized that it was all awesome and I wasn't getting anything made.
My new goal is to actually use it and hopefully see some of my stock go down but that is gonna take a while.
I am not neccessarily over the stingy it's all mine stage where I would ever consider sharing a piece with a friend from time to time as I am still attached to each sheet.
What madness!!!!!
I store my pp in like colors and paper collections that I purchased together. Cardstock is store same all blues, greens, etc.
Not to back breaking they are stored in 3 ft latchable totes that slide out fairly easy on the carpet.
Staying away from the Scrappy store for a good part of the year has helped some and because I have way to much it hasn't been to hard. My selection is actually better than the stores. Love shopping my own store.
I would probably do things a little different if I was just starting out now.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to creater1

your off to a good start, alot of us have loads of paper, its part of the scrapping addiction. I know I have way way too much paper. Me and mom have even purged our piles. I believe we have about 5 to 6 feet of paper 12x12 wise. Then we have a foot or so of 8x11. then there is smaller paper packs, 8x8, 6x6 and 4x6 stacks. We have like 2 feet of those smaller packs....lol.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to TJCraftyWitch

I totally understand. I periodically go through and stuff I really hate and will never use I give away but I keep most of it. I like shopping here instead of having to go out and buy things. I only like to shop when I want things but don't like running out when I have to have something.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics