Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: What did you try in 2012? Success or BUST!        (Topic#1583761)
Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

What to you try or buy in 2012?
Was it a success
or a BUST!
Please post products & pages.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Misting...
Still deciding if a Success or Bust as I don't think it looks as good as others who mist but I don't hate it...

Cat Nappers By Doreena

Early Gift? By Doreena

Edited by Doreena on 01-02-13 09:30 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

JediScrapToo
Diva
JediScrapToo
In response to Doreena

I am a CM scrapper, so the things below are very common, but I've just now opened up to them.

I tried inking/chalking the edges of my cricut letters, and I tried liquid pearls! I love both, and this is a success for both on one page!

HLSR* By JediScrapToo

I also tried inking with Distress Ink and chipboard, and the wonderful world of twine, with success!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to JediScrapToo

I bought a Big Shot and this is my first project with it using the star-shaped nestie:

Herman's Hermits in Concert - Both By Henri Jean

rubymillerand
Guru
rubymillerand
In response to Henri Jean

For me it would be misting and the cricut. I think I'm going to give misting another chance because I can't figure out how to make it look less blotchy.

The cricut...forget it. I absolutely HATE the thing. I sold my first one because I couldn't figure out how to use it. Stupid me bought the mini thinking I could finally get it to work. Nope. I'm sticking w/ my big shot and now I need to sell my cricut mini and my giant flower blooms cartridge.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to rubymillerand

I tried altering cigar boxes and stamping. I really like the results, and in fact my first box is in this month's Scrap-n-Art magazine!!!

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to ScrappyMama6

Well, I decided to have fun doing blog giveaways. Its been a blast! My favorite part is when there's a winner and I get to email them and tell them that they won. I know that its going to be a really good moment in someone's day. Maybe even the only pleasant moment in that day. Maybe its the first time that the person won something. Either way, I just LOVE doing the giveaways. I also started doing video tutorials. I used to be afraid of making video tutorials thinking that people were going to think that they sucked. But so far so good. I'm getting better at it, and most important, I'm having a lot of fun making them. So both things have been a success. I can't wait to see what new things I can do for 2013

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-02-13 06:16 PM
In response to ScrappyMama6

Two things for me. First - Lindy's embossing powders, big success! Heat embossing was a failure for me before I found Lindy's.

The little bear stamp and the National Forest tag in the lower left are both embossed:
Bear, Yellowstone, 2008 By Stick

Second - Zoloft. HUGE success!! And now that I feel alive and interested again I'm ready for 2013 to be full of scrapping!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to stick

Congrats Teresa and LOL Stick!

I became a Spellbinders fan. Not that I have many, but I LOVE what I have.

I rediscovered my Xyron out of storage, and I got all excited but I still haven't used it after all this time. I have the pink mini-X, and although I use it for some things like lettering, I hate getting rid of all the goo from the edges. I'd say that was a bust.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to RedSquirrel

I call that spider-webbing Rosey because that is what the goo reminds me of from the xyron. However, Xyron makes a glue erasor that gets it right off. I also have a stretched out paper clip and I remove most of the spider-webbing before I put the piece on the paper.

The xyron glue erasers are hard to find so when I find them I buy several. If you want I'll look for one for you - they really do remove the spider-webbing from the layout around the letter without hurting anything else.

Let me know if you want me to see if I can find one for you. Right now we have house guests for 5 days so I'm not out and about much to scrapbook places but I will have a few days to look around after they leave before Joe's surgery.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Henri Jean

What a fun thread.

I tried several new things in 2012.

First, the busts:

Digi stamps. Blech. Not for me.

And the Sew Easy? Not so much!

Stencils were a yay:

As well as acrylic paint:

And I made my first mini book:

All in all, a great year for new things. I still have to work the kinks out of heat embossing. I first tried it last Christmas and haven't touched that heat gun since. Huge fail.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to stick

• stick Said:

Second - Zoloft. HUGE success!! And now that I feel alive and interested again I'm ready for 2013 to be full of scrapping!

You're a trip.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to rubymillerand

• rubymillerand Said:
For me it would be misting and the cricut. I think I'm going to give misting another chance because I can't figure out how to make it look less blotchy.

The cricut...forget it. I absolutely HATE the thing. I sold my first one because I couldn't figure out how to use it. Stupid me bought the mini thinking I could finally get it to work. Nope. I'm sticking w/ my big shot and now I need to sell my cricut mini and my giant flower blooms cartridge.

I can't figure out the "less blotchy" look of misting either!
And
I hate the Cricut as well!!!
I bought one and sold it w/in a month!
LOL!

Edited by Doreena on 01-03-13 08:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
What a fun thread.

I tried several new things in 2012.

First, the busts:

Digi stamps. Blech. Not for me.

And the Sew Easy? Not so much!

Stencils were a yay:

As well as acrylic paint:

And I made my first mini book:

All in all, a great year for new things. I still have to work the kinks out of heat embossing. I first tried it last Christmas and haven't touched that heat gun since. Huge fail.

I agree w/ you about the sew easy...I don't like it either!

WHat don't you like about digi stamps?
I've never used them before... Just curious...

Edited by Doreena on 01-03-13 08:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to stick

• stick Said:
Two things for me. First - Lindy's embossing powders, big success! Heat embossing was a failure for me before I found Lindy's.

The little bear stamp and the National Forest tag in the lower left are both embossed:
Bear, Yellowstone, 2008 By Stick

LOL about Zoloft!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • rubymillerand Said:

And
LOL!

Another Cricut hater here. I think I would've liked it if I had a Gypsy - constantly switching the carts made me insane.

I got a Cameo for Christmas and am having a torrid love affair with it. Two enthusiastic thumbs up.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

I agree w/ you about the sew easy...I don't like it either!

WHat don't you like about digi stamps?
I've never used them before... Just curious...

I'm not a colorer. I love what other people can do with them, but it's not a happy creative process for me. Too stressful.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to kelseymel

Oh wow! You do such a great job I would have never guessed!
I love coloring! Well, I should rephrase that...I love coloring in Barbie coloring books... yes, I am a coloring book snob! LOL!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • rubymillerand Said:

And
LOL!

Another Cricut hater here. I think I would've liked it if I had a Gypsy - constantly switching the carts made me insane.

I got a Cameo for Christmas and am having a torrid love affair with it. Two enthusiastic thumbs up.

"Torrid Love Affair" sounds like a movie I gotta watch, LOL!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-03-13 08:54 AM
In response to Doreena

LOL guys!! Take your successes and your pleasures wherever you find them

Love the stencil'ed LO, Melissa, I need to play with my stencils more.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics