Username Post: Corner Rounders        (Topic#1583785)
Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

I'm looking for a heavy duty corner rounder. One that will CLEANLY cut through chipboard, mat board, acrylic etc.

I've searched around and came up with WRM Corner Chomper and the Zutter Round It All. I like that the Chomper comes with 2 for the price of 1, but that would be a bonus-not a decision maker. I'd rather have the 1 that cuts thick stuff cleanly and maybe even on the 1st try

Have you tried either of them? Which do you think is better? Pros? Cons? Comments? Suggestions?!

Thanks - and happy Friday Eve!!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Kim222

Tried both. The Zutter is the heavier duty one...although I'll admit I haven't tried acrylic.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Megan - ForumTech

my We r will cut through chip board covered in bazzil...I don't know about the zutter.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Sneezy1956

I've used the WeR one to cut through it all and it cuts em all like butter! Love my Corner Chomper!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to godschild94

I have the zutter one and have cut thru clipboard without problem. I would imagine it would easily cut through acrylic.....wonder if i have a scrap of acrylic i could try. hmmmmm

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Nancy Keslin

I've had both. They both cut great. I gave my zutter away and use my corner chomper. For me it was space. The chomper cuts 2 sizes in one. The zutter was just in a drawer, and I had a friend that needed a corner rounder, so I gave it to her.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to SherylEb

So for people with arthritis or other hand problems, how hard is it to squeeze each of these? I'm getting close to being ready to assemble my first book with my Cinch and need something to round the corners of the covers.

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 01-04-13 03:20 PM
In response to Ms. Fit

The Zutter will cut acrylic.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Ms. Fit

For squeezing, I think the Zutter would be easier. The Corner Chomper handles are so wide, it may be hard for you.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to SherylEb

Thanks so much for taking the time to make a recommendation. I will order the Zutter immediately as I will need it very soon. I am so excited about getting this little book finished. Even DH is excited about it. He didn't understand originally why I would want to scrap our photos since he usually makes a slideshow of them for our computers. Now he sees the difference and says the scrapbooks are so much more meaningful and memorable. He wants this little one (6" X 9")displayed on the coffee table for everyone to see.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to Ms. Fit

I have the the Zutter round it all pink edition and I was surprised how well it cuts thru chipboard. I have a small round punch that works good aswell but it ist for chipboard. I definately would go for the Zutter one.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to TheCharmedOne

This is in response to your post about tools and arthritis. I use a lot of the Fiskars squeeze punches. ( I don't think they make a heavy duty corner rounder, though.) The Fiskars squeeze punches all carry the Arthritis assn. seal of approval for ease of use. They also make some spring loaded handle scissors that have a comfort grip. They need a lot less finger power/pressure than regular scissors.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I finally broke down and bought the Corner Chomper from We R Memory a few days ago because my little corner punch got taken by my DGS for his scrapping (excuse for me to buy the Chomper) and I love it.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Great! More stuff for the wish list! Thx for the addl advice. That's one of the things I love about this place. Everyone is so helpful.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Ms. Fit

Thanks you guys!! I think I'm going to order the Zutter. Can't wait to get it!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Kim222

I have both - both cut acrylic, work great
BUT - I dropped my zutter and it broke in pieces. I tried to put it back together but no luck. Come on guys - it was a fall from desk to tile floors... really???? That was my last zutter purchase.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to picasso

I used my Zutter to cut through the plexiglass that covers my craft table. It is thick.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics