Username Post: Rubber legs on Sizzix Bigfoot bleeding color?        (Topic#1583895)
Veteran

Has anyone else had this problem? I got my Big Kick as a gift some time ago, played with it a bit and then had to store it away because of lack of space. But I just pulled it out wanting to play some more and as I was working (with white paper nonetheless and this dark reddish wine discoloring was getting all over everything. I found a bit on my hands, thought that might be it - washed them well and used sanitizer to get every bit of anything off, but kept finding the smudging still happening. It was all over my desk top. I was using the machine, then moving it and finally noticed a bit of scrap paper against one of the little legs and the color from the leg was bleeding onto the paper. I wiped the legs with some paper towel and the color just keeps coming off. I had it resting on a tupperware type of container, so no liquid of any kind would have gotten on the legs. I was going to try to pull off one of the little legs to see if they could be replaced - then contact Sizzix, but I thought I would check here first, to see if there might be some other solution - or mainly to see if anyone else has had this bizarre problem.

Edited by SunnyAB on 01-06-13 08:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to SunnyAB

I've never had that problem. Sorry

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to SherylEb

I have never heard of this, I have the big shot but not the big kick. Odd. I would contact Sizzix.

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to binkiemonstermom

I have 2 electric Big Shots and a manual one and have never had that problem.

Veteran
In response to creater1

I've sent Sizzix an email to see if this has ever happened?? The only thing I can think of is that when they were attaching these rubber legs, they put some type of lubriant on the metal part so the rubber would slip on easier and it reacted with the rubber.?? At the very least hopefully I can get some replacement 'legs'

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to SunnyAB

are you sure it's coming from the rubber legs???

it makes me think it might be a lubricant on the handle,,,,,,

let us know what Sizzix says,,,,,,,,very strange.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to CommaHolly

Some plastics do have chemical reactions with each other over time. It may be that the plastic/rubber feet have reacted with the plastic tupperware container.

I had some Inkadinkado acrylic stamps that I took off the original acetate packaging and put into a CD case for storage. The two reacted with each other, and the stamps melted into a nasty silicone goo which got all over everything.

I'd love to know what response you get from Sizzix.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to RedSquirrel

Have you heard anything from sizzix yet? Hope they are able to resolve it!

Veteran
In response to binkiemonstermom

I haven't heard anything from Sizzix yet (not sure what their customer service is like). The legs were actually on a small carpet piece and that was sitting on the plastic container, so perhaps there was some kind of chemical in/on the carpet (that will be getting chucked out if that is the case!!) It has to be something like that because it is all 6 legs, not just one or two. I didn't want to take any of the legs off in case I couldnt get them back on, but thinking it over, I have nothing to lose - I can't really work with it as it is, so I might as well do more investigating. Will keep you all posted!

New Kid On the Block
In response to SunnyAB

This is very curious-I have my Sizzix Big Kick sitting on a vinyl tablecloth, and it has
always left yellowish/brown round stains where
the feet (on one side) sit on the table. It has 6 legs, but only one side leaves the stain.

Veteran
In response to makmorgan

I heard from Sizzix - so they responded really quickly. They apologized and are going to send me new feet and I will send the faulty ones back. Yay!! GREAT customer service!

Makmorgan - thank goodness it's not just me. I have been wracking my brain trying to remember if I might have rested it somewhere that might cause a reaction, but I know I didn't. Whats odder is that it is only 3 legs for you - mine is all of them.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to SunnyAB

hummmm Sorry you are having problems but it's good to know that Sizzix has great CS. It's always good to know that someone has good CS.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Sneezy1956

Good for you!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to SherylEb

I'm glad you got a response - that's GOOD customer service.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to RedSquirrel

I have always had great service from Sizzix, I am glad this time was no different!!

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to SunnyAB

• SunnyAB Said:
I heard from Sizzix - so they responded really quickly. They apologized and are going to send me new feet and I will send the faulty ones back. Yay!! GREAT customer service!

Makmorgan - thank goodness it's not just me. I have been wracking my brain trying to remember if I might have rested it somewhere that might cause a reaction, but I know I didn't. Whats odder is that it is only 3 legs for you - mine is all of them.

Glad they are going to help you.

Veteran
In response to prittb

Hi Ladies, just wanted to update those that care - lol I finally got all my little replacement feet. Had a bit of a delay because at first they only sent 4 feet (mine has 6 feet - don't they all??) but anyway I have them all now. I haven't tried putting them on just yet - darn arthir is up to his old tricks (arthritis ) so I will wait a few days. They didnt ask for the old ones back - and I should have thought of this to begin with - but I will keep them just in case, and if I need a replacement ever again, I will paint it with clear nail polish.

Edited by SunnyAB on 03-04-13 08:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics