Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: projest for the year 2013        (Topic#1583997)
Besneys
Guru
Besneys

Hiya from rainy Britain..my project for this year is to teach my grands about your super country. After joining this site I've found that I know very little about your States and counties.. bad admission sorry folks, we didn't do much on your geography at school...* in the olden days* x

I've started to collect fridge magnets from around the places that we've been or rellies live and aim this year to collect one from each state and make a scrapbook page or two journalling about each one...I have about 12 up to now so watch out I'll be asking you all things about your State when I get straight in my mind exactly how I'm going to do it.
Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I'll list the States when I've written them all down.

Thanks in advance
Besneys aka Anne x

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Besneys

Will be happy to pick up a Florida or anywhere else we travel for you. I pick them up from all over the world for my hair stylist. He has them from Russia and China and Australia and south Pacific Islands and Europe. He's got quite a collection for me!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Henri Jean

Anne - are you likely to be going to the US yourself at all?

I have been on a scrapping retreat with friends in the US a couple of years ago - would you be interested if another one comes up?

Rachel

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to RachelUK

Thanks Henri.
I've got New York, San francisco, Texas, Florida ( and Miami) Iowa Oklahoma, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Colorado and Georgia...but any other you get if you let me know I'll send you the cost and postage. Many thanks

Rach...could you imagine Brians face if I put that to him...although I might put a few feelers out ..when do you go and for how long?
Anne

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Besneys

When I went a couple of years ago, it was for about a week. The 'retreat' lasted about 4 days and was great fun.

I always thought I would like to rent my house out for a year when I retire, and drive all round the US in a camper van!

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to RachelUK

Funny you should say that!!! We always imagined doing that. there a holiday advertised in the bolton paper about *doing* the Mississippi, Gracelands and New Orleans on a coach which we fancied x

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Besneys

I've been to all the states except Hawaii, but I would love to return to England. The day after 9/11, Hubby and I were in the Massachusetts State House and there was a tour group from England. Several of them turned to us, hugged us and said they were so sorry for our loss. It was amazing. We hadn't personally lost anyone, but as Americans, yeah, it made us really think of what we had actually lost the previous day.

Anyway, I told them that I loved England and hoped to return someday. They asked where I'd been and I told them I'd only been to London for a few days before continuing a two-month high school trip. They all kind of turned up their noses and said, "Oh, London...then you really haven't been to England yet, have you?"

My BFF visited her son in Manchester and my youngest daughter has been throughout the British Isles several times and now I know of lots of other places I'd like to visit! (But I still loved London.)~Judy

(I've been in the San Diego, CA area since 1978, but was born and raised in the Denver, CO area, so I know both areas pretty well, if you have questions. 31 yrs. in CO + 35 yrs. in CA = OLD (66 in April )

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to mrsdriver5

Oh Mrs Driver5 you shouldn't have said that I'll be on to you all the time asking questions many thanks in advance. We live quite close to Manchester and have been to watch the famous Manchester United on occasion. My hubby has an haulage firm so sometimes I travel with him. I love to see our beautiful country and take loads of photos. London is fine but if you get the chance you should try to visit the Lake District that has breathtaking views and lots of good walks through the lakes. x

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Besneys

If you'd like another from NY, I can pick one up for you since I'm from the great state of New York! My sister went to England over the summer with her work friends (I wanted to go but I couldn't because of school) but she only went to London.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to DNA301

Hi, Anne, if you need anything from Texas or Oklahoma, let me know. I was born and raised in Texas, have lived in many parts of that great state, now live in Oklahoma for six years. I live out in the country near the little town that was the original capital of OK, before the state seal was moved to Oklahoma City.
I, too, have traveled quite a bit through the states, but mostly all the south and western states. I have been to all the southern states east of Texas that border the Gulf of Mexico.
Someday I hope to travel outside of the US, at least that is one of my goals.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to chocolateaxel

We will be taking a trip cross county in March and I will take your list with me. Any that you don't have on the list I will pick up for you.

We go to Hawaii twice a year so I can pick those up for you too.

Besneys
Guru
Besneys

You are all so very helpful and any that you get for me I'll send you the costs of..
Henri..Hawaii is the one place my dd would love to go I've shown her your los so now shes saving like mad.
DNA 301 and chocolate axel if you wouldn't mind pm ing me with a few details of your State it would be greatly appreciated. Googling the state don't actually tell you the little titbits about the States.... Many thanks all I'm off to Hobbycraft to buy a few scrapbooks today. x

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to Besneys

Well I've just been and bought three scrapbooks to be going on with...can't think that this will be enough but hey ho. some pages will have postcards as I've picked those up from some States..some will just have a map and info. Here goes xx

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Besneys

I'm from Michigan and now live in Indiana, and would be happy to help with either.

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to aquabunny

Wow Thanks Aquabuny I've got neither..much appreciated x

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Besneys

It will be spring or summer before we go back to Hawaii but will definitely pick up a magnet from there for you and when we go cross country in March I'll pick up any you don't have.

Is there any particular style you like, like rubber or plastic or in the shape of the state?

I'll get an updated list from you before we leave so you don't have duplicates.

Besneys
Guru
Besneys

Thanks Henri, any so long as they have the name of the state on. I've been printing maps of the States off for the ones that I have got and am now trying to dig out some info on each one. I'll be putting a couple of pages together over the weekend when the grands arrive ...

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to Besneys

well i am live in las vegas but i am orgainal from caliiforna

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to southern lady

I've traveled the USA except Hawaii and the New England states. Ask any questions you like. I have lived in Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas. I can help you with the geology of any state too.

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to rockmom

Sounds like a great project! I'm in Canada, so I can't help you, but good luck with this!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics