Username Post: very EXCITED only you guys will understand        (Topic#1584221)
anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

This is to make you guys feel happy Not poor Linda. I had a fabulous Epson printer. I always printed stuff for my pages & cards. I loved doing it. I also printed anything else I wanted. for the house & kids. Our income dropped to a 3rd. I was still able to use it but only for the stuff I wanted for cards & pages. Then Dave was injured. Our income dropped again & he was in college so I did not use it anymore he needed it for school. The refills were 50 bucks. I was not upset at all because I had a hoarder size stash & I did not need to use the printer.
During this time the air conditioner for the addition to the house broke. (where my scraproom was)way too expensive to fix or buy a new one.
You will not believe this but since the room was hot all the time some brands of my paper & stickers turned a dark weird color. K & Co was one of them which was one of my huge hoards. I had so much of their beautiful lilac papers & stickers which I adored. I have photo of my mom standing in front of a lilac bush when she was 13. I was in tears about this paper cause I was going to use it. The end of this story is Dave bought me a new printer 6 months ago. YEAH The refills are by color & you can print if one is empty. The refill are 10 to 12 bucks. YEAH
The best part is since I have been on Pinterest, I noticed vintage & antique images again. I have been searching tons of sites. OMG I found lilacs on antique postcards & other images. THEY ARE GLORIOUS!! They will be perfect for my moms lilac page. ALL OF THE VINTAGE IMAGES OUT THERE ARE GLORIOUS! I love the site Graphic Fairy. OMG I love her. They are free!!! I adore all of the images out there to use on my pages & I love them more than my K & Co stuff now. lots of you use digital stamps too & I couldn't because of my printer. NOW I CAN!!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Good news, Linda, on being able to use digital art. It's so fun to make your own and even bling it up a bit. This way you can make it any size you want it, or even play with the colors if you have a graphics program you like using.

I love lilacs. Here in So. Cal people think we have lilacs...but they're not :>) They're actually mountain lilacs and nothing like the good old-fashioned lilacs that my grandmas called French Lilacs. Those have a smell to die for!

A funny story...when I was a teen, we had several beautiful "real" lilac bushes in the yard. A gorgeous purple one would get covered with blooms, so of course that's where Mom took my Easter picture one year. Me, in my pretty soft blue (almost lilac-colored) dress standing in front of this beautiful blooming lilac tree. It's a great picture. Too bad everyday film back then was in black and white I could have stood in front of any bush and gotten the same picture

Have fun playing with your lilacs...in color!~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Good news, Linda, on being able to use digital art. It's so fun to make your own and even bling it up a bit. This way you can make it any size you want it, or even play with the colors if you have a graphics program you like using.

I love lilacs. Here in So. Cal people think we have lilacs...but they're not :>) They're actually mountain lilacs and nothing like the good old-fashioned lilacs that my grandmas called French Lilacs. Those have a smell to die for!

A funny story...when I was a teen, we had several beautiful "real" lilac bushes in the yard. A gorgeous purple one would get covered with blooms, so of course that's where Mom took my Easter picture one year. Me, in my pretty soft blue (almost lilac-colored) dress standing in front of this beautiful blooming lilac tree. It's a great picture. Too bad everyday film back then was in black and white I could have stood in front of any bush and gotten the same picture

Have fun playing with your lilacs...in color!~Judy

Thanks Judy,I did not even think about blinging them up yet. lol Thanks for the suggestion.
Of course my moms is black & white too.
Since you are an amazing graphic artist.....I know you can take yours & colorize it yourself. LOL

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Thanks for the compliment, Linda. Not sure amazing describes my work...well, guess it depends on the inflection

If I ever get a chance to scrap my picture, I'll probably colorize it to show the beautiful colors, but also scrap the original.

Blinging digital art is fun, but if you know you want to stickle something, do it first, if you can, since it takes a long time to dry! I hate having to wait to add my final embellies...or not waiting long enough and smearing everything. Yes, I'm speaking from experience. I'm also an amazing stickler...like I said, it's all in the inflection and amazing isn't always good and/or neat ~JudyD

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to anda11

So glad that you have a printer that you can use and that you found a site that you like.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to thehappyscrapper8

how wonderful!!!!!!!

whispering,,,,,,,

check your PMs.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Thanks for the compliment, Linda. Not sure amazing describes my work...well, guess it depends on the inflection

If I ever get a chance to scrap my picture, I'll probably colorize it to show the beautiful colors, but also scrap the original.

Blinging digital art is fun, but if you know you want to stickle something, do it first, if you can, since it takes a long time to dry! I hate having to wait to add my final embellies...or not waiting long enough and smearing everything. Yes, I'm speaking from experience. I'm also an amazing stickler...like I said, it's all in the inflection and amazing isn't always good and/or neat ~JudyD

I thought you told me that if you wereable or had time you would be a graphic artist. Maybe am confusing you with someone else. I love Stickles too.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to thehappyscrapper8

• thehappyscrapper8 Said:
So glad that you have a printer that you can use and that you found a site that you like.

Thanks..I think I just noticed that it will be many fav sites. lo

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
how wonderful!!!!!!!

whispering,,,,,,,

check your PMs.

Thanks Holly, I glanced & omg..how cool that one is too.
I am finding awesome ones at Lilac & Lavender right at the moment. She has fab stuff. I just found some cool vintage sunflower papers, tags etc. I always tried to find sunflower stuff that would be great for Dave's heritage. His Dad had a sunflower farm. I just found it.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to anda11

congrats on the new printer and the findng of what you need1

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Just G

• Just G Said:
congrats on the new printer and the findng of what you need1

Thanks Glenda, I have been spending hours looking at them. a google image will take me to a pin & then I check out the people who pinned them. It is so much fun.:)

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • mrsdriver5 Said:

I thought you told me that if you wereable or had time you would be a graphic artist. Maybe am confusing you with someone else. I love Stickles too.

Yep, that was me...I wish computer graphics had been around when I was young so it would have been a career choice, but since I'm old...

I love playing with graphics on the computer, but I like getting stickles and glue all over the place also. Computer playing is cheaper since I don't destroy paper while I try to figure out what I want to do. I usually lay it all out on the computer, then begin playing with the paper and other toys. Sometimes the computer and paper end out looking pretty much the same...other times, not so much.

I really want to do them both, so as a result, I've pretty much turned into a "hybrid".~JudyD

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • mrsdriver5 Said:

Yep, that was me...I wish computer graphics had been around when I was young so it would have been a career choice, but since I'm old...

I love playing with graphics on the computer, but I like getting stickles and glue all over the place also. Computer playing is cheaper since I don't destroy paper while I try to figure out what I want to do. I usually lay it all out on the computer, then begin playing with the paper and other toys. Sometimes the computer and paper end out looking pretty much the same...other times, not so much.

I really want to do them both, so as a result, I've pretty much turned into a "hybrid".~JudyD

I thought it was you.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

omg look at her

http://pinterest.com/pin/31454897367130151 /

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics