Username Post: Has anyone been to a Creating Keepsakes Convention?        (Topic#1584331)
HappyCat
Tenant
HappyCat

I just found out that a local venue is hosting a Creating Keepsakes scrapbooking convention. Has anyone ever been to one?

http://www.ckscrapbookevents.com/CKScrapbookConvention s...

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to HappyCat

I go every year. There is one about an hour from me. You pay a small fee to go in and see the vendor show. A few vendors may offer a make and take for a fee. There are many classes you can take. Some fill up very quickly... you can register online. Most classes are VERY fast paced. I have never completed the project in the 50 or so minutes of class. However, all the necessary items were supplied along with good directions so I didn't mind finishing them later. Try to find a crafty friend to go with you. I think you would really enjoy attending this. You can usually find a list of vendors and classes listed when it gets closer to the show date in you area.

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I go to the one in Manchester, NH every year. I've taken classes but they weren't anything great . . . I enjoy the vendor faire more! It's easy to get carried away with the shopping, so it's best to go in with a plan

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to HappyCat

I have been to a few of these. I haven't taken classes but have heard great things about them. I have gone to attend the vendor faire-the shopping is AMAZING!! It is a scrapper's heaven! I hope to go and shop at the one that will be in Buffalo, NY in May!

HappyCat
Tenant
HappyCat
In response to Vintageivy

I just looked at my calendar and realized that I have to be at the theatre I'm volunteering at that entire weekend. >_<

I'll try to go next year though, it sounds awesome!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to HappyCat

I've been to the one in St Louis and the one in Cincy the one in St Louis is much better.

FYDawn
FYDawn 
Tenant
FYDawn
In response to Sneezy1956

I've attended the one in St. Louis the past 4 years or so. I've taken classes and enjoyed them at first. The last ones I haven't learned anything new so to speak, but if you want layout ideas, then they are good.

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg
In response to FYDawn

I've gone to 2 and they were both fun! I bought a lot of stuff though.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to FYDawn

I've been several years to the one in nh. I love the shopping and hanging out with my friends. I've only taken one class, and it stressed me out and aggravated me so much, I wouldn't do it again. the instructions weren't all that great either, so I just did what I wanted with the rest of it.

Scrappindiva2
Resident
Scrappindiva2
In response to Tina scraps

I have been to several and love it. Houston and Woodlands tx. Love to see the new products. I love the classes the most. Take advantage of it all!,

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 01-20-13 07:31 PM
In response to Scrappindiva2

I have gone to several - all but one in NH. As Ops have said the vendor faire is fairly good but each year seems to be a little less wonderful.

The classes are so-so - read the descriptions in the schedule carefully to see what the focus really is and keep in mind that the purpose is to sell product.

Of course the best part is spending time with your scrap friends.

HappyCat
Tenant
HappyCat
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:

Of course the best part is spending time with your scrap friends.

I don't have any scrap friends. None of my friends scrapbook and I haven't been able to interest any of them in it. I go to crops and such but I usually either bring my mom or just go by myself.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to HappyCat

I went to my first show this past summer since it moved from 2 hours away to a place about 10 minutes from my house. Loved the vendor faire and since I wasn't sure about the classes I decided to volunteer as a helper. I got to see what the classes were like so I have a better idea if I might want to take some next year. Basically I handed out supplies and walked around with the project so people could see the finished one up close. And of course, being there I got to see new products and picked up a tip or 2 about how to use supplies more effectively. Volunteers also get $ to spend at the CKC booth which includes many class kits. I'm definitely looking forward to going (and volunteering) again this summer.

And I go by myself although it did seem like I was one of the few who were alone. Doesn't bother me as I'm used to the situation and generally prefer it since I can take as much time as I want looking at everything in detail (not only products but sample cards/pages/etc.) without feeling like I'm slowing someone.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to disneylisa

I have gone three years in a row....LOVE going! The shopping is good. Make sure you bring a good shoulder bag to carry your purchases, there are no rolling carts allowed on the shopping floor.

My friend and I normally take about three classes, I think three is the magic number to pay for and get free admit into the show each day so we take at least three classes. We have enjoyed most classes, one we weren't really thrilled with. It was supposed to be inking techniques and the girl putting on the class couldn't answer questions...oh and the "inking" was inking the edges of your paper?!!! yeah, we kinda thought that one was a waste of money. We like classes to learn something new and we both know how to ink the edges of paper!!! But look at the class descriptions and see what you like, most have been very good and worth the price! Copic classes are awesome!!!

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas
In response to HappyCat

• HappyCat Said:
I just looked at my calendar and realized that I have to be at the theatre I'm volunteering at that entire weekend. >_<

I'll try to go next year though, it sounds awesome!

Not sure where you are, but maybe you can attend the Scrapbook Expo sometime this year? It is very similar to the CKC, and have different conventions at various locations throughout the year.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics