Username Post: How to store ink pads?        (Topic#1584649)
kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

I currently store my inkpads in a box on my shelf but it is a hassle pulling it down and looking for the right colour....
I was looking at the Portaink cases. I'm not keen on the plain black plastic of it but I guess it would work. I was looking for a wire shelf type thing that I could store them on.
How do you store your ink pads? Have you found a great way that works for you?

Thanks!
Alison

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-30-13 03:17 PM
In response to kiyawinn

For my Distress I have a 14" ArtBin QuickView box, with a homemade slot-construction posterboard interior:
Distress Ink storage, closed By Stick

It's much more full now, lol. I'm planning a second box but with the interior adjusted for a column of Distress and then a couple columns of the wider ink pads.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to stick

I use this and love it! I put distress and regular pads in it. Only ones that I have found that don't fit are the Colorbox full size. They are too tall. I have washi tape in the trays on the top.
The inserts make distress pads not slide too deep. I don't take it anywhere, I just like that it swivels on a metal base. I didnt put the strap on or the front portable guards

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to stick

I've always loved this idea from Rosita:

Distress Ink Pad storage By Rosita

I just can't attach anything to the walls (I scrap in the dining room), so mine sit in a little 3 drawer organizer.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to kelseymel

Ink pad storage By Armygirl

bought this old cassette holder at goodwill and I painted it, works well for me.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to armygirl

Mine are just in a shallow drawer. I store the pigment inks upside down and have stamped their colour on the base of each. I don't store the Distress inks upside down - one was rather too juicy and made a big mess.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to RedSquirrel

I love my storage trays! made them from the lids of the shoe boxes - shallow and cheap. I re-positioned the wire cube shelves making the shelves very small, one tray high, to store all my trays. It's perfect for the zoo of the ink pads that I have! (most of the pre-made solutions for storage are tailored to a particular brand and/or size of the ink pads). It's super easy to pull out the tray and look at the color choices)))
ink trays By OlesyaK.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to OlesyaK.

mine are also just in a shallow drawer ... I mostly have distress inks so I store them upright and just rummage through to find what I need. I don't have a ton of them (less than 20) so it's not really a problem

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to madmatter

good question, I have a two tiered black wire cupcake thingy with about 5 ink pads that is all i have for now ! I do have a sil who stores hers in a swivel stampin up thing that really works for her!!

teresa0817
Expert
teresa0817
In response to mindygail

I use an old cassette holder like armygirl. Mine is a lot smaller than hers and I can slide it in my shelving unit. Most pads fit perfect and it is easy to see the colors. I got mine at the goodwill for $1.99. It holds about 25 pads.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to teresa0817

• teresa0817 Said:
I use an old cassette holder like armygirl. Mine is a lot smaller than hers and I can slide it in my shelving unit. Most pads fit perfect and it is easy to see the colors. I got mine at the goodwill for $1.99. It holds about 25 pads.

I love my cassette holder,,,it will store 100 ink pads,,It's not full yet,, I dont know if I will ever have it full but for now the colors I have work fine for me.

Diva
In response to armygirl

Many great ideas...Thanks for sharing!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics